Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2047.22 In reply to 2047.21 
OK here's a funny thing.

Even with the current igs export set up in MoI (V1.0 and V2.0 beta) Alibre can recognize circles!
So I guess nothing really needs to be done:)

Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2047.23 In reply to 2047.22 
Hi Steve, well that's interesting! I wonder why they detect circles only for IGES and not for STEP format...

So anyway, that's great, you can get your stuff working right now even before the next beta is out.

I think I will leave the new "simple entity" stuff enabled anyway though, maybe it will help some other programs to recognize them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next

is this problem of detecting circle in Alibre of imported STEP file resolve yet?

I have several solid models in MOI which i want to constraint it in ALibre. already export is as STEP so that alibre can import it as assembly of several parts.

if i have to export it as IGS in MOI, then i have to export the solids one by one and import it again one by one in Alibre.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2047.25 In reply to 2047.24 
Hi Bud,

> is this problem of detecting circle in Alibre of imported STEP file resolve yet?

I'm not really 100% sure - but this discussion thread is 4 years old and I don't think that it has been mentioned as a problem for quite a while now. So it's possible that it has been tuned up in the Alibre STEP importer since then.

I don't know for certain though, I'd recommend testing it yourself with one of your specific models to make sure it does what you need.

If it does not work correctly, try going in MoI to Options > General and push the "Edit .ini file" button and go to the [NURBS Export] section and set:

[NURBS Export]
WriteAnalyticCurves=y
WriteAnalyticSurfaces=y

It kind of looks like the circle case for analytic curves is still not handled in the import/export library, but it does seem to be active for surfaces, with a cylinder then getting written out as a specific cylinder surface entity in the generated STEP file and not as a generic NURBS surface. That could possibly help if Alibre is not recognizing the surfaces as cylinders automatically itself.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
There is a post on the Alibre forum about this. http://forum.alibre.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14941
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2047.27 In reply to 2047.26 
Thanks Brian - so it sounds like enabling the "heal" option at import time in Alibre will make it recognize circles.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
thanks for the feedback Micheal. actually it was me who posted in Alibre forum. so it resolved now :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-28