For Brian
 1-20  21-36

Next
Ok, you old codger. Here's a file for you.

This is a folder with all custom commands from Petr's page that I use. Everything in here is a straight copy over that will not overwrite anything already installed by MoI.

With one exception! The SidePane.htm in this file is modified to produce the button for the plugin gallery tool. This htm file is from the latest release (Sept) and shouldnt be copied between releases. the sidepane.htm file is located in the commands directory and normally edited to add the command that is located in the text file named sidepane.txt. Let me know if you want to know how to add this to past or future releases of MoI.

There is a text file called customshorts.txt. The contents can be pasted into your moi.ini file and all is done. or you can edit the shortcuts, all listed before the = sign, to be what you prefer, then copy and paste into moi.ini

So, a simple process for the sept release is:

Copy all commands to your commands folder.
Copy contents of "into ui folder" into "ui" folder.
copy sidepane.htm from the sidepanehtm folder into commands folder (remember, only for sept. release... all others require different method)
copy shortcut text into moi.ini

Presto, all the custom commands migrated.

Let me know if you like or dislike this, or want anything setup different for you.

Your friend,
Burr

EDITED: 26 Aug 2011 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.2 In reply to 1996.1 
Burr

My 76th birthday present 10 days early!

What great friends I have.

Will report any problems. (I have an earlier special Brian UI from Michael which I also need to include)

Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.3 In reply to 1996.2 
Burr
I think I properly folowed your instructions but I feel I am not getting what is intended for the Sidepane/Plugins?

Brian

EDITED: 31 Dec 2008 by BWTR

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.4 In reply to 1996.3 
Hello Brian,
In the into ui folder, there are a bunch of jpg's. and also a file called PluginGallery3.htm. These go into the folder called ui. The picture you show there is the plugin gallery. The sidepane instructions just add a "button" to the area where the history is located.

So to recap:

commands in the commands folder.

Contents of the "into ui folder" into ui folder

sidepane.htm into ui folder

plugin.png into icon folder

Let me know.

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.5 In reply to 1996.4 
You're also right in that my instructions were wrong in one area.

I stated to copy the sidepane.htm into the "commands", This should read the "UI' folder.

Give me a second and I'll post a short video on it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.6 In reply to 1996.5 
Await the vid.

Maybe I am not so old after all!

1.I presume this is still not SidePane History option?

2. I did a remove/reinstall of the update and followed the proceedures, again, and, this time seems ok except for that Sidepane query.

3. Also attached, a jpg to print out as a ShortCut Card for the computer desk!

I am so priveledged---thank you.

Brian

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.7 In reply to 1996.6 
Burr AND Michael.

I have a feeling that the Burr Sidepane is not the earlier Sidepane that Michael gave me which allowed sidepane de-sellect? (To me, that sidepane de-sellect should be standard!) Michael, could you give a new thingy for me to get this sidepane desellect working please (so that Burrs and mine wont conflict)?

And, Michael ,also earlier, gave me this Brian UI. (see jpg)---it's brilliant and
I am sure many would like--any reason that it also could not be standard?

Brian

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.8 In reply to 1996.7 
Hey Brian, Here is a link to a vid of the copy.

If you have a custom sidepane.htm from michael, you cant use the one from me. The one from me is just a default install one with 1 command added to launch the PluginGallery. This demo shows how to add the command manually to your custom one if you want also.

If michael has customized your gui, maybe we should wait for him to chime in on this so I dont get you too screwed up. Moving custome gui forward to a new beta may not work due to changes in the default files.

http://www.i386group.com/moi/b/for_brian.htm
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.9 In reply to 1996.8 
Brian,
Just a note on this kepping up with the betas thing.

The Petr's page scripts are all non standard to a default moi install, so alway's copying them to the new beta wont hurt.

Anything that already "exists" in a default install needs to be handled differently. For instance the sidepane.htm we are talking about. This represents the area of the gui where the "Edit, View, Select" icons are. We can customize this for a release but, if Michael makes a change here, Like a new checkbox or icon under edit, then if we copy an old sidepane.htm over the new one, it will break! THis leads toward the need to "edit" the sidepane.htm as you see in the video to add the custom command, instead of copying the default one over.

Hope that makes sense, will wait for Michael to chime in. Sorry if your having to "Uninstall and re-install". It means my communication was poor. Luckily MoI is such a light, forgiving and userfriendly program, a re-install is not to hard on a guy!

Burr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Burr

That is really brilliant and deserves to be put into the Wiiki.
The last bit about putting the Text in place is way beyond "old codgers" mind concepts!
(I would need to study that early in the morning before I started on my daily sustenance of Coopers Stout!)

Correct me in that the only difference between using the keystroke Z is that the same would be accessed via something in the View with that?

At this stage, I think, if that is correct, to stick with the Z keystroke and add a sidepane dessellect if Michael comes up with an appropriate version for this beta.

Wow---what a great MoI team of friends.

Brian

ps posts crossed. The uninstall/reinstall was a piece of cake. Is there anything about MoI that is not simple?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.11 In reply to 1996.10 
Hi Brian, Hi Burr - unfortunately it is kind of tough for me to keep on sending out customized UI for each new beta version....

I was glad to be able to give you a customized UI to make v1 work exactly in the particular way that you wanted, but I think for new beta versions you'll need to wait until the final release before I'll be able to re-customize it for you again.

Unfortunately, it just otherwise creates too much of an additional workload for me to deliver customized UI for each individual person for each beta release... I would actually prefer to release betas more often, so things that add additional work for every release kind of works against that goal.

If you really need the customizations, then probably your best option is to stick with your already customized v1 for now instead of using the v2 betas.

Once things simmer down and the beta releases are wrapped up, then I would be happy to help you customize the final nailed down v2 release since that will be stabilized and won't be changing all the time.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.12 In reply to 1996.10 
>>Correct me in that the only difference between using the keystroke Z is that the same would be accessed via something in the View with that?

>>At this stage, I think, if that is correct, to stick with the Z keystroke and add a sidepane dessellect if Michael comes up with an appropriate version for this beta.

Correct, the only thing the sidepane instructions are for is putting the button in the Gui. The Z produces the same thing.

I dont know about your "sidepane de-select" so we must defer to michael.

Remember, if you want to refer to the video, get set up on the pause button then you can step through it a bit easier. Sounds as though you got it!

Good night my friend!

[EDIT] Ok, I think I get it now. He gave you an option to "hide" the sidepane. Sounds like you may have to wait a bit. Do you have the old one? post it up and I'll see if it makes any sense to me.
[EDIT]

EDITED: 22 Sep 2008 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.13 In reply to 1996.12 
Hi Burr, side pane deselect is in this post:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1552.10

It's actually not too much stuff - it's some additional script code that calls moi.geometryDatabase.deselectAll() when there is a click on the <body> tag of the side pane UI document.

If I remember right, it is this part added right before the end of the <head> of SidePane.htm:

code:
		<script>
			function OnBodyClick()
			{
				if ( window.event && window.event.srcElement )
				{
					var e = window.event.srcElement;

if ( e.id == "ContextAreaContainer" || e.tagName == "BODY" )
						moi.geometryDatabase.deselectAll();
				}
			}
		</script>

Then change the <body> tag to say:
code:
	<body class="SidePaneBody" onclick="OnBodyClick();">

With that in place, then clicks on an empty area of the side pane will deselect objects.

I'm kind of hesitant to do that by default since building up a selection is a pretty important step for many commands, it could potentially be a problem to lose the selection if you clicked slightly away from a button by accident...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.14 In reply to 1996.13 
Thanks Michael,

For myself I just wanted to make sure you know that we know there are times to wait. Cant wait to buy the release!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.15 In reply to 1996.14 
Thanks Burr! There will still probably be quite a few more beta releases before it is all finalized.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.16 In reply to 1996.15 
Thanks Michael and Burr.

Michael my little Brian UI for the bottom of the screen works ok in this Beta--the screen shot was of it.

I have found several times allready in the Beta that the side pane desellect was wanted as I was working.
It's a bit of a reverse situation in Lightwave where you can only deselect in a side pane---also a "pita!"
(surprised that it seems only me?)

Anyway, you know my thoughts, most impressed with the upgrade as I am working through the features.

Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.17 In reply to 1996.15 
Brian,
Here is a sideplane.htm file for the new september beta release (note the sept in the title) That restores your de-select option.

I'll help you keep this set up through the betas if you want because you dont want to just copy this file over the new ones.

Just remind me when a new one comes out. Also, I should be able to make the file I send you a little bit easier to do. Should be just "Copy the contents of this folder into the MoI folder" type thing.

If you look at the custumshorts file I sent you, and you edit the commands to be what you want, then send it back, I could also just do the ini file at the same time. (I'll just keep a "Brians Shorts" file to do a copy and paste!).

At least I'm not jibbing up the yard arm!

Burr

[EDIT] The sidepane.htm file in the new release has changed just a bit from the original file that you had. This one I just posted is based off of the new release file. You may want to trade them out. It's key to remember you dont want to just copy the old gui files over the new ones as you loose the changes Michael has made! The custom stuff has to be "Added" to the code. If you are transferring other gui files from the previous release, for say the bottom, please let me know here.
[EDIT]

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.18 In reply to 1996.17 
Burr

I feel embarrassed with all this great help!
I would love you to do that for me----BUT could it be more of an open for others thing --at the worst "Fred's workings style" or something?

1. The sidepane deselect works fine. I really love that working option!

2. I attach the zip of the UI for Brian I got earlier from Michael for V1.

I loaded it into this September Beta version and it works. I am not aware of any problems caused.????
(5 minutes working with the latest beta and I was crying out for it----it's my severe right handedness, coupled with an aversion to keystrokes, I think.)

Thanks for making this one of my very great days.

Brian

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.19 In reply to 1996.18 
"I feel embarrassed with all this great help!
I would love you to do that for me----BUT could it be more of an open for others thing --at the worst "Fred's workings style" or something?

1. The sidepane deselect works fine. I really love that working option!

2. I attach the zip of the UI for Brian I got earlier from Michael for V1.

I loaded it into this September Beta version and it works. I am not aware of any problems caused.????"
>>
Good Morning, First of all, It feels good to help. No worries!

The only thing not "Generic" about the zip i made is the custom shortcuts. This is included just to hit all the commands in the zip, It would need to be edited for a specific person's preference (You like Z for launching the plugins.) I suppose these could be left "Blank" and need to be filled in, but then someone that doesnt know how to do this would not have a working custom. Did I understand the fred thing?

1. & 2.

That's great. I looked at the v1 ui you posted. It looks like the commandbar and commandbar right were "Swapped" and "Trimmed down".
There is nothing wrong with using these for now to keep your flow in a row until the man finishes his release and can set you up with a new slim ui. Please be aware that if someone else is talking about this area and yours doesnt match, this may be the reason. I couldnt update these to the new commandbar's as I dont have a way to know what was "trimmed" vs what is "new or omitted". ( All this means is your's will look and be just like you like it and I may be talking in a future post about a "checkbox" that you dont have.) I'll keep them here so when I send you the next beta update, they will be included.

That kind of speaks to your last sentence about being aware of any problems. The analogy I'll use here is more like, "you may have just shot off someone elses toe".... You wont know it but they will. I think the point is enjoy the new beta, I'm going to start to learn to work with cplane.

Talk to you later,
Burr

PS, and as a final note, it seems I left out the QuickSplit command from the zip I sent you, you'll notice it missing from the plugin Gallery. If you want to use it you can get it from petr's page. the files just need to be added to the commands folder. I included it now so next time it will just be there.

EDITED: 23 Sep 2008 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1996.20 In reply to 1996.19 
Thanks mate.

I went to bed glowing with pleasure and now you have given the same start to my new day!

I am slowly working though the new things in the MoI beta. Brilliant stuff.

Brian

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-36