Another Layering Request (sigh)

Next
Good morning Michael and Moi'ers,

I know that the 2d CAD aspect of MoI is not a priority, but I still use a lot of MoI curves as construction lines and to plot motion arcs for things like actuators, linkages, etc. So, I was wondering if as part of the Layers/Grouping development, it would be possible to have a "snap to background layer" or geometry locking mechanism so curves could be used as 'static' guides, to complement the temporary command-specific guides MoI has now.

For example - below's an early iteration of a "foot" I've been working on. The highlighted circle shows the path of the foot-end pivot point for an actuator (hydraulic/pneumatic-kinda-thingy). This has allowed me to rough out the length of the outer and inner cylinders for the actuator to make sure when I rig this model, there won't be noticeable clipping during animations. My apologies if my terminology is strange - I'm not an engineer, just an enthusiastic Otaku.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1988.2 In reply to 1988.1 
Hi Satoribomb - yes as part of the layer/grouping stuff I do want to make it possible to "lock" objects so that they would remain snappable but not selectable so that they stay out of the way of selection.

It will probably take a few rounds of development and a few betas before all the grouping stuff is in place, I'm not sure yet if this particular thing will be in the first batch of stuff or not.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1988.3 In reply to 1988.2 
Excellent news Michael - even better that it was already something you were considering!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All