Lock plane of rotation in 3D window

Next
Hello Michael,

I am attempting to capture the 360 degree rotation of the attached model for a video tutorial.

Is there any way to lock the plane of rotation in the 3D window to prevent the object 'wobbling' slightly during the video capture with, say, a modifier key?

Looking forward to the impending beta release.

Ray
Cheshire
England
Image Attachments:
Size: 112 KB, Downloaded: 63 times, Dimensions: 840x798px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1986.2 In reply to 1986.1 
Hi Ray - there isn't any way to restrict it just with the mouse movements but you could run a script macro that will do the rotation for you through script calls instead of doing it with the mouse.

If I remember right there was actually a script posted back a while ago that did this, I'll take a look...

Yup - here it is created by Paul:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1001.1

The way you install it is you download that AutoRotate2.zip file attached to that message, then unzip it to get 2 files: AutoRotate2.htm and AutoRotate2.js .

Copy these files into the \commands subfolder inside of MoI's main installation folder.

With those 2 files copied over there, there will now be a new AutoRotate2 command available to MoI - to activate it you will need to set up a keyboard shortcut. Go to Options / Shortcut keys, and push the "Add" button to add a new blank entry.

Fill in the left side column (labeled "Key") with whatever key you want to trigger the command, like for instance R. Then under the right-side column labeled "Command", type in AutoRotate2. Then you can close that Options dialog and now when you type R you will fire up that custom command which will do a kind of automatic turntable type motion, I think that should be perfect for the kind of screencapture that you want to do.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1986.3 In reply to 1986.2 
Hi Michael,

>> Yup - here it is created by Paul:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1001.1

As ever thank you for you swift and helpful response. Of course it does the job perfectly.
It is this kind of support that makes this the finest forum I have ever been priviliged to join - by far.

And of course thank you to Paul for creating the script.

Ray
Cheshire
England
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
And the beauty of this thing is that works again many beta versions after!
PS It's not the Key A in the beta default Version? (or I have an old remainder ?)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1986.5 In reply to 1986.4 
Hi Pilou,

> PS It's not the Key A in the beta default Version?
> (or I have an old remainder ?)

Nope, it's not assigned by default - that is just an old assignment that you set up in the past sometime.

Keyboard shortcuts are stored in the moi.ini file, which is by default located in a central location (under c:\Documents and Settings\...), so stuff that is stored inside of moi.ini will persist between different installations and version upgrades.

The part that I need to add is to put a plug-ins folder in that central location as well, so custom commands can also persist between versions - right now the files for those commands need to be copied into the \commands subfolder for each new version since they are not totally stored in the moi.ini file like the shortcut key definitions are.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All