wow, what a great tool!
All  1-2  3-4

Previous
Next
196.3 In reply to 196.2 
Hi, Michael,

i've uploaded a similar file to http://www.earthcontrol.de/tempfiles/boole_bug1.3dm
the artefact is appearing only on one side here.

hope it helps

btw, again, i have to say what a fun it is to create things with MoI..

how about adding the ability to switch certain objects to outline or wireframe mode ? this could ease up things when for example building rooms inside a building.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
196.4 In reply to 196.3 
> hope it helps

It appears to be a bug in the display, there are a few instances like this where the display of an object gets messed up, and sometimes the problem goes away when you save the file and reopen it.

It may be a little while before I'm able to focus on fixing this one, but I have gathered your file along with some other examples and it will help me to track down this problem later on. So thank you very much for the file!

> how about adding the ability to switch certain objects to outline or wireframe mode ?

I do want to add this in eventually, but I think it won't be ready for the V1 release. It involves changes in quite a few areas involving selection, so it is kind of more work than what it would seem. For V1 I decided to kind of focus my effort on making the shaded mode work as smoothly as possible. It's definitely on the list of improvements to make, it's just one that I think will be delayed for a while though.

One quick tip - it is possible to hide just individual surfaces of an object, so this can help when you want to get at the inside of something.

I'm glad that you're having fun creating stuff with MoI!!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-4