Snappy enhancement request....
All  1-2  3-10

Previous
Next
Would it be possible to use points for that?
If you enter the point tool with repeat and go over your image hitting the key junctures could you then use snap to object for placement? At work right now so I don't have MoI to try it on or I would test it out.
There can be some clever ways to use the tools sometimes. I was trying to divide something into even thirds but that wasn't going to come out on grid lines. So I made a small hash mark line and then used Array linear with 4 (beginning, middle two divisions, end) aligned the farthest out arrayed mark to the end of the section to be divided and I had exact thirds.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1951.4 In reply to 1951.3 
Why not use the "Helpers" lines? you can enter any number of interval ;)

For any function if you click move the mouse a little white box appears with "helper" lines

EDITED: 10 Sep 2008 by PILOU

Image Attachments:
Size: 61.4 KB, Downloaded: 62 times, Dimensions: 443x549px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1951.5 In reply to 1951.4 
>>At work right now so I don't have MoI to try it on or I would test it out.

You can put your MoI on a usb stick and never be without it! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1951.6 In reply to 1951.5 
I do use construction lines sometimes but they aren't persistant. They disappear when you move on to another tool. Is there any way to make them stay? It would be nice to have them as a separate tool and when the tool was used they would stay until you removed them.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1951.7 In reply to 1951.6 
Hi Timspfd,

> Is there any way to make them stay?

Yup, it is possible to do that by setting up a script on a keyboard shortcut, see Petr's page here for the script:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#KeepCLine

> It would be nice to have them as a separate tool and when the
> tool was used they would stay until you removed them.

Check out this post: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1029.1
for a custom command that will do exactly that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
It would be 'rather simple'. If enabled, a scan around the cursor position is made within an adjustable region. No fall off, just a diameter. Then, if anything else than white is encountered the cursor is moved there. No analysis, no fuzzy stuff, just a threshold/edge detection. One can determine to which side of the line to snap himself. It would be nice to snap to the middle of the line in question, but that, I agree, will open Pandora's box as all aspects of averaging, pattern recognition and so on are coming up. But a simple trigger should not be impossible. It would take the tedious strin out of tracing a plan. If that proves to be as useful as I imagine, color values and ranges could make that a bit more flexible in terms of a more soft selection. But a simple black and white, and snap to the nearest edge in the focus would do a FANTASTIC job.
Lemo
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1951.9 In reply to 1951.8 
Hi Lemo, the problem is it can be kind of dangerous to provide a snap that makes it feel like something is grabbing an accurate point when it is really just grabbing a rather arbitrary spot.

It can give you some false confidence about the accuracy of the snap. I think it is pretty important to give snaps on actual accurate points only and then you don't have to worry so much about trying to guess how accurate a particular snap is.

A black and white scan is just going to typically have a rather rough collection of dots, looking something like this:

It's just fundamentally not an accurate thing to snap on to, just grabbing the closest black dot to your mouse is not really going to give you a good accurate result...

Using your own judgement about where to place a point and using your own eyes to judge color values and ranges is just far more sophisticated than what I could come up with in a computer algorithm.

I just do not feel confident about being able to give you a good result by doing this.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1951.10 In reply to 1951.9 
Excuses excuses.... ;)

Your sample is so magnified that even my CNC machine could not achieve the accuracy necessary to make an error of this magnitude a problem....
You should enter one of my files. After 1200 points you will go into the basement and will refuse to come up again before you have coded that module 8))))).

Lemo
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-10