Where are my Done and Cancel buttons

Next
For example after Hiding elements I click Hide again and get normal "Select objects to show or done to show all" message but no Done button to click :?

I restarted my computer, reinstalled my Graphic card driver even reinstalled MOI. Gone, no more Done and Cancel Buttons???
What is going on? What can cause that strange behaviour.

I'm running MOI 1.0 but I get the same behaviour with MOI beta 2.0
Gaston
p.s. Yesterday I installed Google Chrome and IE8 Could that have something to do with it?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1941.2 In reply to 1941.1 
Hi Gaston, yes it is due to installing the IE8 beta - you will need to uninstall that to get back your Done and Cancel buttons.

There is bug in the IE8 beta where the IE engine does not allow MoI to insert some new elements at a particular time anymore, I will be gathering together a bug report to send to Microsoft so I hope that they can fix it up.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1941.3 In reply to 1941.2 
Ouf. That did it.
You are right, IE8 Beta interfers with MOI removing it MOI is normal again :) Back to work.
Thank you Michael
Gaston
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1941.4 In reply to 1941.2 
>Michael "I will be gathering together a bug report to send to Microsoft so I hope that they can fix it up."

I gotta ask... does that actually work? I'd imagine it was akin to sending a message in a bottle.

-Nick
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1941.5 In reply to 1941.4 
Hi Nick,

> I gotta ask... does that actually work? I'd imagine it was akin to
> sending a message in a bottle.

Well, I can't be sure for this particular one, but probably yes since I will be sending in a very detailed description and also a small program complete with source code that demonstrates the problem.

The more reproducable a problem is, the more likely it will get fixed.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Isn't it a bit dangerous that MoI is so 'dependent' from IE. I don't have a clue about programming and I suppose there are lots of good reason of using this html technology, but it looks a bit strange that installing a new version of ie can stop making MoI working properly :S

That's said I remember a service pack for windows 2k that corrupted every saving file from 3dsmax =)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1941.7 In reply to 1941.6 
Hi PaQ, it is definitely a potential problem.

But it has also had a really significant benefit to have the UI based on HTML - it is much much easier for me to make changes to the UI and add new things.

It is very unlikely that I would have been able to create MoI in its current state without having this kind of flexible UI system to base it on, because the UI you see now was not just created all at once it is the result of iterating many times and making changes.

So if I had not made this choice, I don't think you would have as good of a UI as exists in MoI right now, and I would not have been able to make changes and add stuff as I can do now, and I probably would have had a lot more struggle with enabling translations to different languages so it would probably be English only instead of multi-language like it is right now.

So there have been a lot of pay-offs in exchange for the potential problems.

I would like to try and base it off of a self-contained HTML toolkit sometime in the future (like Mozilla or WebKit) instead of relying on the mshtml.dll toolkit which Microsoft can make changes to and sometimes create bugs in... But none of the other toolkits are currently as extensible as mshtml.dll is in certain ways though. Hopefully some day though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1941.8 In reply to 1941.7 
As usual thanks for your explanations !
  Reply Reply More Options