Freeform drawing
All  1-2  3-5

Previous
Next
1885.3 In reply to 1885.2 
Yes I understand. Mostly It's for when I have to trace something and I wanted to avoid putting 30 points to follow its path when i see a predictable line (come across an arc part). I should just play with it a bit more and get a feel for how it lay's out from the points I choose. I just wanted to make sure there wasnt something simple like "draw 2 construction lines from the 2 endpoints of the curve then a 3rd at diag perp then place points at tangendent on all construction lines and you could duplicate arc with only 2 points. (That was simple? :)

Anyway, Thanks again.
Burr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1885.4 In reply to 1885.3 
As a follow up Michael, I was just fooling around and found I could go through quickly and "Generally" place points close, then turn on show points and go back and get pretty good results by moving things until an exact match showed. Feels like the way it should be.

Thanks,
Burr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1885.5 In reply to 1885.4 
Hi Burr, yes I think that last description you put in (go back later and adjust with show points to refine) is a good idea.

After a bit of practice you can start to get used to the way the control points work, you kind of place them slightly to the outside of where you want the curve to go, since the curve is kind of shrunken and smoothed down from that control point hull.

After you practice it for a bit, it gets easier to trace things.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-5