Where to go from here!
All  1-12  13-16

Previous
Next
1870.13 In reply to 1870.12 
Thanks Danny,
Seems they are just 2 different animals. May start with Rhino and later move to the parametric stuff. It's feature rich and I should learn most design concepts from there, and then expand out later.

MoI is allowing me to build some fundamentals to take to the next level as a base.

Burr

BTW: Can Parametric be NURBS? What is solidworks?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1870.14 In reply to 1870.13 
Hi Burr,

> BTW: Can Parametric be NURBS?

Yes - the standard type of parametric software generates NURBS objects. The objects themselves are NURBS using the same type of geometry that MoI use.

The stuff that makes it "parametric" is the workflow, the UI, and all the other history mechanisms and editing tools which are all extra things than just the NURBS surface geometry.

> What is solidworks?

It's a parametric history-based solid modeler.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1870.15 In reply to 1870.14 
Hi Burr & All....

Basically I come from solidworks. I have been use solidworks for 3 years. Its a powerful solid & surface modeling also. The big different is solidworks have a parametric concept like Michael mentioned before. As I know solidworks is the easiest parametric modeling software.

But today my favourite software is MoI ( because the easy to use workflow & of course MoI is very affordable ).
You can open MoI file directly use solidworks. So it will give you a good combination.

You can find some solidworks video here : http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/swofficepro/SWOfficePremium_VidVau_fore.html
Also check this link : http://download.rhino3d.com/download.asp?id=rhino-solidworks

OK, that is my opinion ;)

EDITED: 15 Aug 2008 by ANIS

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1870.16 In reply to 1870.15 
Thanks guy's. I think I would utilize both. The training I will start with Rhino for a bas then move to solidworks to add to the toolset.

Thanks again.
Burr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-12  13-16