Shortcuts Problem V2

Next
I am getting this (see image) when I try to use some of the shortcuts in Version2 latest Beta.
(All still working OK in V1.)

Brian

EDITED: 31 Dec 2008 by BWTR

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1861.2 In reply to 1861.1 
Have you copied the command into the new betas command folder?

So for nudge, in your v1 commands folder, there is a file called nudge.js Look and see if nudge is in your beta dir.

"C:\Program Files\MoI 2.0 beta Aug-4-2008\commands"

Some of the other coomands have htm files that go along with them. be sure to copy those also if they exist. (Only if they were the custom ones from say petr's script pages).

It's kind of a process to keep up with the beta's and move all "Extra" scripts and custom work to the new beta.
You dont want to just overwrite any files which have changed internally for the new release, so you cant just overwrite all files. Only the extra's that are seperate from the default MoI install. What I do is keep a folder around and whenever I download or install a new command, I also copy it to this folder. I also have a text file where I create a line that is the shortcut I declared for this command. Then when a new beta pops up, I just copy the commands to the new betas folder, then I open the moi.ini file and paste in the text from the file where I saved the shortcut info. (everytime you create a shortcut and command you must add it to your "customize moi" folder and shortcuts file so when you install new version it's easier)

Burr

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1861.3 In reply to 1861.1 
Hi Brian, that will happen if there is no command by that name in your \commands sub-folder.

Like Burr mentions, probably you have a plug-in command that needs to get copied over from V1's \commands subfolder over to the new beta's \commands sub-folder.

Pretty soon I want to tune up the plug-in mechanism so that you can have plug-ins stored in one central place and you won't need to copy them over for each new beta release, but currently you need to copy them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1861.4 In reply to 1861.3 
Thanks both.
Have sorted out.