reduce polygon count of fillets

Next
Is there a way to reduce the polygon count of just filleted sections upon exporting to obj/wavefront etc?
I'm specifically looking at devide larger than, avoid smaller than (though I am presuming that is dependent on the cage size of the object?)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1785.2 In reply to 1785.1 
Hi telnoi - there isn't any way to treat fillets themselves in a special way different than any other surface.

Generally the way to reduce their polygon count will be the same as reducing for any surface - the primary way is to move the angle slider to the left a bit so that a rougher angle is used to dice up curved areas. This has a big effect on fillets since they are tightly curved.

If your fillets are very small, then the "Avoid smaller than" could potentially be useful for reducing them - you can put in a distance value there and any polygons smaller than that length will switch to a rougher 35 degree refinement angle while other larger polygons get the regular angle value. There were some bugs with "Avoid smaller than" in v1 that are fixed in the v2 beta.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1785.3 In reply to 1785.2 
>If your fillets are very small, then the "Avoid smaller than" could potentially be useful for reducing them

I've been experimenting with that and it has been very helpful in reducing the polygon count. Thanks for the tips.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All