New Beta question?

Next
Sorry my bad english
I'm trying ASH IU config with the new beta, and I noticed that no longer works the inference onsrf.
What should I avoid overwrite to run Onsrf?
Thank you
Nicola
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1758.2 In reply to 1758.1 
Hi Nicola, don't overwrite the file ui\ObjectSnapMenu.htm - that file is changed for v2 so if you overwrite it with the v1 file you will lose that menu item.

This problem of overwriting new functions with old will probably continue to get worse as I add more and more UI stuff to the new version of MoI.

It probably just will not work very well in general to install the custom v1 UI on top of v2 betas, I'd recommend using the default UI for v2 while the beta is ongoing and then closer to the end when I am not changing stuff around then it will be a better time to set up a customized v2 UI that will not erase new functions.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank You Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Just back from a holiday and a new beta to play with cool!

Is it possible to list the changed files for each beta? There seem to be a few people using my custom UI and I would like to try and keep ut up to date if I can. Knowing which UI files have been changed since the last version would help a lot.

Cheers

Regards
Tony

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1758.5 In reply to 1758.4 
Hi Tony, that would be some extra work for me to keep track of that.

But you can use a diff type utility to compare the new beta against the regular v1 install to find out which files are different.

It looks like you can download the WinDiff.exe utility here:
http://www.grigsoft.com/download-windiff.htm

That will let you compare 2 folders and will show you which files are different between them.

The way you use it is to run WinDiff.exe, then from the menu pick File/Compare Directories

For Dir1, put in:
C:\Program Files\MoI 1.0\ui

For Dir2 put in:
C:\Program Files\MoI 2.0 beta Jul-3-2008\ui

Then push OK. (you can also put this all on an initial command line, like:
Windiff.exe "C:\dir1" "c:\dir2" )

Then a comparison of all files will be shown, files that are changed will be shown in a red color, and it will also show files that are only present in one folder or the other (like a brand new file, or one that was removed between the 2 versions).

You can also shorten the list by turning off the display of identical files since you don't really care about those, to do that uncheck Options / Show Identical files in the menu.

With this procedure you should be able to figure out which files have changed (and you can even drill in to a specific file and see which lines have changed) at any time you want without me having to keep track of that and send it to you.

Please let me know if you need any help running the WinDiff utility to get this info.

It will not be too unusual for me to be making all sorts of changes during the beta, I mean it may be possible for me to be switching things around and then back again, etc... So it could end up being kind of less work to wait to customize things until v2 is more "set". But if you really want to it should be possible.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Okay, thanks Michael.

I'll have a look at windiff and give it a go.

But you are right - this may turn into a nightmare to keep up with. I may just wait until V2 is complete and then update the UI :-)

Regards
Tony

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All