WIP - WWI Aircraft EIII
All  1-8  9-10

Previous
Next
1750.9 In reply to 1750.8 
I am remembering Ashlar Vellum's Cobalt has similar stuff to draw directly on surface while keeping the surface like temporary cplane, but you seem to implement more coherent approach to this. -Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1750.10 In reply to 1750.9 
Hi Petr - interesting - I did not remember this part of Cobalt.

I just downloaded the latest demo version of Cobalt to give it a try, and it looks like enabling the "Face on" snap works for snapping the point location on to a surface, and some "center-point" based commands like circle are aligned as you would expect, but other commands such as polyline aren't. Like the x-axis and y-axis type ortho snapping does not happen aligned to the local plane's x/y axis. Rectangle corner/corner is not aligned, etc...

Yeah, the new function in MoI is much more comprehensive than that, it actually literally becomes a temporary construction plane including straight snaps for polyline, angle constraint will be in that plane, etc...

One thing I need to do is to maybe re-organize the x and y axis directions to be in a more expected direction, right now it uses the literal u and v parameter directions of the plane, which can possibly have stuff like the cplane x axis pointing up vertically, stuff like that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-10