Top hat
 1-11  12-31  32-34

Previous
Next
1730.32 In reply to 1730.31 
Hi Michael

Scaling rail is neat, I haven't seen this before in other CAD software.

Yes, the good ol' machine has paintbrush:)

Whish:
view capture (since its effective for communication of ideas, it ought to be always fast to do)

Ok, when you go to File>Export, there you could have PNG file option that saves the current Viewport as a PNG.
It wouldnt lead to any more buttons or anything.

-Fredrik
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1730.33 In reply to 1730.32 
Hi Fredrik,

> Scaling rail is neat, I haven't seen this before in other CAD software.

Thanks! :) Yes, as far as I know MoI is the only one that has it.

re: view capture by File / Export - that's definitely a good idea, I have added it to the wishlist. A few questions kind of pop up for it though, like for example Export is actually short for "Export selected", which lets you write out only the selected objects to a geometry-based file. But I guess for saving to an image it would not do just selected objects... that would sort of be mixing the meanings up a bit, but maybe that is not a big deal.

In the meantime, here is a script that you can use to save a screenshot out to an image file by using a shortcut key, without needing to run any other program. To set it up go to Options / Shortcut keys, add in a new entry with whatever key you want to trigger it, and add this in as the Command part:
code:
script:var img = moi.view.screenshot( 'viewpanel', false ); var name = img.getSaveFileName(); if ( name != '' ) img.save( name );

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1730.34 In reply to 1730.33 
>Thanks! :) Yes, as far as I know MoI is the only one that has it.

There are couple of small (and big) things in MoI which you dont't find anywhere else. That's a good achivement, its not just different; its different and useful, :)
I'm using moi right now to sketch out some ideas about a bicycle seat, and since it's portable i can do it at my dad's pc.

>re: view capture by File / Export - that's definitely a good idea, I have added it to the wishlist. A few questions kind of pop up for it though, like for example Export is actually short for "Export selected", which >lets you write out only the selected objects to a geometry-based file. But I guess for saving to an image it would not do just selected objects... that would sort of be mixing the meanings up a bit, but maybe >that is not a big deal.

True indeed
You could concider to have a new button in the View Tab too, it would be the most "logical" place I guess. There is just space for one more button there, but you might have reserved this space for something else? ...If you did use a whole new button for Screen Capture though, you might concider to have other associated things like "Print to scale" in its window., (hehe another whish there..)

>In the meantime, here is a script that you can use to save a screenshot out to an image file by using a shortcut key, without needing to run any other program. To set it up go to Options / Shortcut keys, add >in a new entry with whatever key you want to trigger it, and add this in as the Command part:

wow! that's perfect :)

-Good summer!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-11  12-31  32-34