Auto Hide Taskbar

Next
I noticed while using Auto hide Taskbar, with multi tasking, when I first start MoI my auto hide works, however after the first app switch and return to MoI, I loose my taskbar. I can use windows button to retrieve it, or minimize MoI (the only true "keyboardless" way to go) though this is a bother.

Maybe look at this or let me know there's something I should know. ( My taskbar is set to "always on top" )

Thanks again,
Burr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1721.2 In reply to 1721.1 
Hi Burr, is this something you're seeing when you have set MoI to be full screen (using the little expander arrow in the lower right corner) or not full screen mode?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1721.3 In reply to 1721.2 
Not full screen.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1721.4 In reply to 1721.3 
Hi Burr, sorry actually I forgot that little "full screen" arrow thing will only show up if have a windows taskbar that is not set to auto-hide.

I just did a quick test over here and I could not really find any problem, as long as the taskbar had "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows" set on it...

The main thing that I would think may interfere with the taskbar staying on top would be if MoI had its "full screen" mode enabled, but for that to get enabled you would probably have had to have the task bar set to non-auto-hide at some point in the past, is that the case?

If so maybe that is the problem, that MoI got kind of stuck in full screen mode. To see if that is the case, you could shut down MoI and then open the moi.ini file in a text editor like notepad. You can find the moi.ini file here in Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\Moi\moi.ini
(it is slightly different under Vista, let me know if you need that info).

There is a setting for "MaximizeFullScreen" under the [UI] section, like this:

[UI]
MaximizeFullScreen=n

Can you please check to see if yours say "y" or "n" in there and let me know? Thanks,

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1721.5 In reply to 1721.4 
Michael,
True I have no full screen mode available. My ini file "MaximizeFullScreen" value = n.

My licensed MoI is on an XP machine. I have the demo one on a W2K machine which is usually what I'm on when in the Forum. They both act this way. I've never had a taskbar properties change on either machine.

I AM on a KVM switch with the W2K machine, though the XP box uses a usb trackball and also has a tablet. yet the monitor and Keyboard are still on the KVM.

Another way around this I just figured is I can hit the "Restore Down" button, then size the app to fit the whole screen and my taskbar works again. I just have a "Windows Titlebar" instead of a "MoI Titlebar".

If it's not re-creatable on your end this would be odd, though dont pull any hair out on my account.... Only if it matter's to YOU. Then I'll be glad to work with you.

Thanks for your time.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1721.6 In reply to 1721.5 
Hi Burr, I'd certainly like to try and track it down if you're willing to work on it.

It probably won't take really much time but more a bunch of back-and-forth small discussions as I try to narrow down my desktop to have the same settings as yours to see if I can recreate the problem. If I can't reproduce it I may have to send you a couple of special test builds to see if I can narrow down what might be going wrong.

It's probably better to do this over e-mail, if you'd like to get started please e-mail at moi@moi3d.com .

Thanks!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hi Michael, it happened to me once when messing with auto-hide-taskbar feature while MoI was running (Win XP Tablet Edition). But it got fixed after clicking expander arrow or resizing application window (then expander arrow disappeared). -Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All