Selection Set and Material Selection

Next
Hi Michael,
I am not sure if anyone has requested these 2 requests as well for version 2.
First Item Material Naming and selection:
It would be nice to be able to select section of the model and name the surface such as window frame and then be able to go to a selection set and pick the window frame later on, so just that item is selected and then say invert selection to hide everything but that item to be able to detail and select the item much easier. Also it would be nice to be able to export this model with seperate surfaces so it will be much easier in other animation or modeling programs to pick desired surfaces.
Second selection sets:
It would be nice to be able to select either the curved items or the main body objects by just picking a button.
Anyway I am sure your hands are full with request, I just thought this would make my job easier and others as well when exporting out or working on objects.
Thanks take care.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1713.2 In reply to 1713.1 
Hi Moe, these are definitely going to be a focus area for version 2.0 - I want to add an object organization type panel which should let you do sort of grouping and "selection set" type stuff there.

Another thing related to that will be an "object properties" type panel that will let you set stuff like basic colors and stuff for objects, I want to make that handle the kind of material stuff that you are asking about as well.

I haven't quite started on this area yet, but it will start to happen pretty soon, you should see more discussion on this in the next few weeks or so.

It will be a pretty big area of work, it will probably stretch out to a couple of months or so before it is all complete.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Great thanks Michael that will really add to reducing time on the users end thanks again for all the support. Take care.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All