Wish : Different image backdrop for the front and the back viewport.
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
1710.3 In reply to 1710.1 
Hi PaQ - do you need to use transparency with the image or no transparency?

With no transparency, I think you should be able to get what you want by using 2 images, and dragging one to be a slightly distance away from the back one.

There is a bit of a trick to moving the image in this way, since it is kind of "paper thin" in the top view where you actually want to position it. So to do it, set the view to "Split" so you can see all viewports, then click and start to drag the image in the Front view, then while still holding the mouse button down move to the top view to position it in along the world "Y axis" (which is the "depth" for the front view I mean).

Or you can also drag them in the 3D view to position it as well.

If you drag one image a little ways in Y from the other one, it should then let you see different ones when you switch between Front and Back.

Does that do what you need or is there something that doesn't work right with that?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1710.4 In reply to 1710.3 
I think what PaQ means is that you can choose which view to show your image in. For example - an imported image called "Elevation" can be made to only show in the front view, whilst another image called "Plan" can be made to only show in the top view etc.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1710.5 In reply to 1710.4 
Hi Bruce, re: Elevation / Plan - If I understand correctly, things should pretty much work like that already, because an image that is placed in the Top view for "Plan" would be viewed exactly from the edge in the Front or Right views, so it won't show up in those views.

But this is different for a view and it's reverse, like Front/Back (you can click on "Front" a second time to switch it to the reverse "Back" view).

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hi Michael,

No it's perfect like that :) I was working in 'show in ortho only', with transparency at 50%, and I miss the fact there I can change the depth (y position) for the front and the back image. Indeed with transparency off I can now have a different image for my front/back viewport.

Thanks a lot for you support, more over when it's a stupid user mistake/misunderstanding :o)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6