remote thingy

Next
Hi,

still learning and playing. I think it must be time to read the manual (but where is the fun in that ?) as I could not get some things to work as expected. Still I know more than I did yesterday :)

Very impressed with how easy it is to draw out required shapes with outlines and then trim and join them together - worth the cost just for the 2d drawing set !

Should of made the buttons bigger.

Not happy with materials and lighting and I don't know how to add text for the buttons - obviously something else I need to learn in modo....

Any and all comments welcomed.

edit - forgot to say I've also just found out about the scripts you can download - very handy ! Thanks to the people who have been doing them. The ones I am using most are the quick zoom to one window and the inc/dec the grid steps.
Image Attachments:
Size: 139.9 KB, Downloaded: 59 times, Dimensions: 640x480px
Size: 181.4 KB, Downloaded: 30 times, Dimensions: 640x480px
Size: 120.3 KB, Downloaded: 49 times, Dimensions: 800x614px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I'm trying to ramp up my texturing skills also - however great modeling, very nice work!

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Good work so far. I imagine you want those buttons to look like rubber, not plastic? Then you need to use an SSS effect (maybe something like 50% diffuse plus 50-80% SSS). Also drop the specularity to about 5% and increase roughness to 100%. And front weighting can really help to get a nice SSS effect, even when you don't use a "backlit" setup.

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1708.4 In reply to 1708.3 
Thanks for the tips - I will experiment a little and see what I can come up with.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All