Axis color
All  1-9  10

Previous
1682.10 In reply to 1682.9 
Hi Petr,

> So from now, there will be a difference between typing
> w5,5,5 and 5,5,5 as soon as I change a position of global
> construction plane.

Yup, that's correct - if you have set a global construction plane, you can type that "w" prefix to specify a world coordinate point.

The nice thing about this system is that your entered points will never change if you happened to move your mouse over top of another viewport, once you set a construction plane all your coordinates will be entered using that plane's coordinate system unless you use "w". If you don't set a construction plane then all your entered points use world coordinates. It's just a lot less fragile system.

For switching the views around, what I think I will do is if you set a global cplane and it is aligned with one of the world axes, then in that case I won't change the Top/Front/Right views for that particular case.

Normally the Top, Front, and Right views will reposition themselves when you set a global cplane so that they are looking down at plan views relative to that new cplane. When they are in this mode, they display as "Top (cplane)", "Front (cplane)", and "Right (cplane)" in their upper left corner for their names.

Also when you set an global cplane the x,y,z point feedback will be in that coordinate system, and there is a "c" in front of it to denote that it is cplane-relative coordinates and not world coordinates.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10