I have to repeat this, it is very important to me....
All  1-15  16-19

Previous
Next
1659.16 In reply to 1659.14 
Hi Peter,

> Its not the library aspect of the componants that
> I love its the way you can tell that component to snap
> into place that is so cool !!!!!!!

That part is definitely cool!

But please keep in mind that it is something very focused on architectural modeling.

SketchUp is a tool that is dedicated for use in architectural modeling.

MoI is a more general purpose tool not so specialized for one particular area so much like SketchUp. This has weaknesses but also different strengths as well, like for instance it is easier to do curved forms in MoI.

That's not to say that it would not be cool to have that type of component snapping in place in MoI as well, it is just probably going to be a while before that happens. In the meantime, if you need to do buildings with a bunch of windows in them, that is really easier to do in an architecture-specific type program, it is just a better tool for that kind of a job than MoI. In a certain sense, that actually makes it a kind of lower priority for me to add that stuff into MoI, after all if there is another tool out there that is better for a particular job I just really expect that you should use that tool instead of MoI.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1659.17 In reply to 1659.16 
Michael !
In general I´m with you with what you say .... but this time I´m not !!!!
Its not something that is worthwhile only for architectural porposes !
If you make a mechanical object and make a rivet a component you could easily place those on
a surface using this feature !
I see it as part of an updated array tool too !
I understand that its not No 1 priority but its not ONLy usefull for architecture !
It would be a "COOL" feature for the future even for mechanicals !
Peter
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1659.18 In reply to 1659.17 
Hi Peter, yeah you're right and in fact I guess that mechanical solid modelers like SolidWorks and Pro/E often have a pretty similar kind of "feature library" type thing as well.

But again if you have the need to create such repeated fasteners quite a lot, then again I would suggest using one of those modelers that is focused very much on mechanical part design like SolidWorks, they will do a better job of that type thing in a similar sense to what I was describing for an architecture-oriented modeler being easier to use for architecture.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1659.19 In reply to 1659.15 
I'm sure that what you have in mind will work OK, I just wanted to share my small experience...!
***Modeling Of Ideas***
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-15  16-19