Idea for filleting of surface corners....
All  1-9  10-14

Previous
Next
1641.10 In reply to 1641.9 
Hi Pilou - I'm not sure if I understand the question - which number of points are you asking about, is it in my screenshot above?

That is showing the control points that define the fillet surface, that is not a mesh calculation showing there.

Fillet calculations add as many points as necessary when creating the fillet surface to make it follow the intersection curve and within the distance tolerance, so that the fillet should not deviate more than 0.001 units from the adjacent surfaces.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1641.11 In reply to 1641.10 
yes this one ;)

Why they are not equal spaced as it's along a straight line?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1641.12 In reply to 1641.11 
Hi Pilou,

> Why they are not equal spaced as it's along a straight line?

I'm not sure of the precise reason in this case. In general filleting involves intersection between offset surfaces which is often a tolerance and adaptive based computation itself.

During that offset process, certain areas happened to get fit closer to the ideal result than others, resulting in fewer points in some areas.

It is not always easy for the algorithms to understand that a simple result can be possible especially when the surfaces involved are general curved surfaces and not primitives like cylinders or spheres.

If you need to get the most simple fillet construction possible, you may be able to get better results with a solid modeler like SolidWorks or something like that. They have generally spent more time making special case handling for more types of situations.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1641.13 In reply to 1641.12 
< If you need to get the most simple fillet
oh no, it was just by curiosity :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hi Michael'

Thank you for adding it to the wishlist.

>and I suppose corner points of solids as well

Yes good idea!

>One big problem is that the most basic kind of fillet is a circular arc fillet, and it generally isn't possible to fit a circular arc to be simultaneously tangent to 2 non-planar curves.
>So what would you expect to have happen in there if you had the Fillet shape set to Shape: Circular, which is the default?

Ok, in this case the circular option might have to e grayed out and not possible to click.
Or maby another option can be added in the fillet tool that does the "point fillet".

-Fredrik
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10-14