Something for manage object.

Next
I'm an absolut beginner in 3D world (but I've used a vector drawing program for many years)
I'm looking for a 3D software and I think MoI and carrara (for render/animation) could be a good choice.
I've drawn a simple town in MoI (with many copy and paste) and I've tried to render it in carrara but I had to apply textures on hundreds of objects (wall, windows...).
(I know this town is very simple, but it's my second 3D drawing in my life ever)

My question is : Is there a way to do such a job more quikly or a new fonction which make it easier.

I've read about new fonction, that you make available for existing users beta version with new fonctions, and one of the new fonction in several wish list is "Something for manage object (color (?), group(?), arborescence (?)"
With such a fonction I could select all my wall and apply them a texture in carrara.

PS : maybe you may indicate the new beta fonctions list for existing owner on your web site.

The problem is the same for this computer.

If I want to put several commputer in a room, I had to apply texture in every objet.
(This is my third 3D drawing, I feel I progress, this soft is fantastic)

I could make the copy and paste of several objet after texturing, in carrara but I found carrara harder to use.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

PP

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1632.2 In reply to 1632.1 
Hi pp - it looks like you're making some great progress with MoI there!

But yes stuff like that can be hard to manage right now. For v1 of MoI I wanted to focus most of my effort on making it possible to do simple objects quickly and easily. I haven't had a chance to focus much effort on handling large numbers of objects yet, but I will be working on that shortly for v2 as you have already read.

> I could make the copy and paste of several objet after texturing,
> in carrara but I found carrara harder to use.

This will probably be the best way to do this right now though - that way you shouldn't have to repeat your texturing work on multiple objects.

If you're having difficulties duplicating objects in Carrara, you might want to ask some specific questions about it in a Carrara forum, I think there is one here.

> PS : maybe you may indicate the new beta fonctions list for
> existing owner on your web site.

It's a bit tricky to do this since I don't have a completely locked down schedule or list - I have a lot of ideas and there are some major areas such as object organization tools that are definitely going to get a lot of focus. But there are a lot of things that can change as I experiment with different things and see how some ideas turn out. That makes it kind of difficult to produce a neat and tidy list right now of everything that will be in v2.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All