Gallery
All  1-15  16-19

Previous
Next
Having strict rules for gallery submissions would probably be a bad idea and cause people to not submit their creations because the rules scare them away. But some basic guidelines are always welcome :)

And perhaps also have two main sections of the gallery where one contains images/screenshots selected by Michael himself. And another user submitted gallery where all users no matter their skill level can submit both highquality and beginner creations, screenshots from Moi and such things. Although this gallery need some cleaning up from time to time to keep out the stuff that shows nothing.

Ofcourse categories such as jewelrydesign, archviz, product viz and other big categories like that would be nice but having them would most likely require more time maintaining them by Michael which is valuable time he could spend elsewhere.

That's how i would set it up :)

/ Magnus
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1629.17 In reply to 1629.16 
I don't know if this is possible, but I'd love to see the ability to comment to gallery submissions. That way, when you see a great model or technique, you could comment right under the submission. Not everything that is posted in the gallery is easily found in the forum.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1629.19 In reply to 1629.17 
Hi Phil, it's not horribly difficult to do that, but it would still take some amount of custom web site development work to add a commenting mechanism. That would mean postponing some of the v2 beta work that I'm currently doing to switch focus to that.

For the moment I'm putting a higher priority on getting some of the v2 beta work done, so new gallery mechanisms (other than categorization which I did build in originally but just not turned on yet) will probably have to wait for a bit.

It's easier for sites to do this when they have a web developer that is dedicated to working on web site improvements as their full time job. For me it is a very "part time" type thing.

But if you have any comments on a specific item or want to discuss something in particular, you can certainly start up a new forum topic about that and include a link to the gallery item in the forum post. That is one way that you can get some comments and discussion going if you would like.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-15  16-19