idea for "plug ins" and ad on pallet in v2
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
1628.2 In reply to 1628.1 
Hi Fredrik, it is definitely a good idea - I've been planning to do something along those lines.

What I was thinking of was having a Plug-ins button to the left of where Options currently is - pressing that would pop up a menu with a list of plugins, kind of similar to how the File menu works.

Drag and drop would be cool, but it tends to add quite a bit of complexity to the coding, I probably wouldn't quite shoot for that at first.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1628.3 In reply to 1628.2 
Sounds good Michael!

Also, it would be good if the plug ins folder could be stored anywhere so it doesn't have to fill up the memory stick when you are out with Moi portable.
Now good night, it's past midnight here!
;)

-F
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1628.4 In reply to 1628.3 
Hi Fredrik - scripting-based plug-ins tend to be very small in size.

I think probably every one on Petr's page here are less than like 10k in size apiece... So ones like that are not really going to fill up very much space.

However, I think I would like to make the plug-ins folder by default be in a more centralized location by default so that once you install a plug-in it will still be accessible if you install a new version of MoI (for example when you install new beta versions). I'll probably make it work like the moi.ini file - by default it will go into a central location (which Microsoft has basically set up to be c:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data) but you can alternatively move it alongside of moi.exe and it will find it there if you do.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4