VM Ware fusion ???
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
1603.3 In reply to 1603.2 
Also on at least one other version of VMware (VMware Workstation 5.0 instead of the "Fusion" version), you had to explicitly enable Direct3D support, it was off by default.

See here for some details on that and how to enable it. I'm not sure if this is necessary for Fusion or not, but maybe.

Also maybe the amount of video memory presented to the virtual machine may need to be adjusted to be at least 64MB (mentioned here).

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1603.4 In reply to 1603.3 
Hello Michael,
Since I posted I did some experimenting. I have attached my settings and some screen grabs. I downloaded the VM version 2 beta and tweaked the settings and it worked. I can enlarge any viewport where I could not in version1.1. The array caused it to slow down a bit but still workable. Perhaps these discoveries will be helpful to someone else. I am glad I could get some conceptual work done while I am away from my main workstation. I will check out the links you point me to and will also continue to tweak the settings for optimal work. Thanks for getting back to me.
Cheers

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1603.5 In reply to 1603.2 
Michael,
I can report that Moi works in Unity/single window/full screen modes the setting I have posted earlier will show I have alotted 700 mb of memory and 3D is enabled. (Please note the success I have had is with the new VM Ware Fusion beta 2.1) I prefer single window or full screen, seems a bit faster.
Cheers
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1603.6 In reply to 1603.5 
A little feedbacK.

Although I am just starting to explore moi3D on a Mac, I can verify that it runs, albeit a might quirky, with VM Ware Fusion 2.1Beta. I tried to make it work with Fusion v1.1.2 but individual viewports or all four viewports would simultaneously go black. It just did not work.

With Fusion 2.1Beta, moi3D's lower right viewport lags on start up. Then for a minute or so after start up, there is a pronounced lag when switching between viewports. Once moi3D gets warmed up, these issues disappear. When loading the Beta initially, several Microsoft warnings popped up about a logo test and strongly recommended stopping the loading and warned of potential problems ahead.

Anyway, I have Daniele's Halogen light fixture tutorial loaded and I am officially into moi3D. It is definitely different from the polygon world of C4D which will, I believe, now share time with moi3D. Anyway, Daniele's video has me psyched and moi3D looks like fun.

Cheers,

Leonard
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6