Can't live without it
All  1-15  16-18

Previous
Next
1577.16 In reply to 1577.15 
Hi Steeve, I'm glad that I pegged what you were saying correctly!

Some people tell me that they used to be perfectly happy with other things they were using, and then after using MoI they aren't as happy with the other stuff anymore. Sometimes I wonder if I should put a warning label on MoI! ;)

Thanks!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1577.17 In reply to 1577.9 
Hi Michael,

>>>It sounded like you were possibly having problems with sweeps more generally than that specific case?

The problems where mainly after sweeping on a projected (to surface) curve, then boolean out the sweep from that surface. I did mention that. (making etching etc)
Unfortunately, I did not keep those models. I will try to find some time to re-build to give you examples.

What I did find strange was: I was making cross cut booleans, (when posting to the boolean thread) and MoI did fail on most attempts. I did then load into Rhino, and that failed, but, when I imported the model and made all booleans in Rhino, it did work.

Anyway, I dont want to take this thread further off topic. So any finding I make I will make new thread (or post to that boolean thread) or e-mail the models with explanation.

- manz

edit:

I have e-mailed an example

EDITED: 26 Apr 2008 by MANZ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1577.18 In reply to 1577.16 
>>>Sometimes I wonder if I should put a warning label on MoI!

Yes Michael I think you should!

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-15  16-18