View ~ rotate around
All  1-3  4

Previous
1565.4 In reply to 1565.3 
Hi Jonah, well the tricky part is in MoI the main zoom method with the mouse is the scroll wheel, not Ctrl+RMB. I did also add in Ctrl+RMB so that people familiar with Rhino would feel more at home. (also Ctrl + Alt + LMB for people familiar with some other apps too)

I don't really think that a different modifier key is the best solution. When you get a lot of them, it is just not very easy to remember all of them and also it is not at all obvious to a beginning user that there is a big difference between using Ctrl or Alt to do 2 different styles of zooming.

I'm sure that you have seen that there continues to be questions on the Rhino newsgroup about hitting that "zoom wall" - that's definitely a sign that having an different Alt method for dollying is not obvious enough for people to pick up on.

That's why I developed MoI's solution to this, so that the standard zoom mechanism will not hit that wall and stop.

It isn't 100% perfect since it does have that kind of speed change in it, but it does the basic job of letting you "get over there" instead of stopping in place.

I was thinking that right-click and drag on the zoom icon would give a different zoom method, but I was thinking of making it adjust the perspective view angle instead of moving the camera point.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4