Bug - Meshing don't preview any quad/tri's
All  1-7  8-9

Previous
Next
1563.8 In reply to 1563.7 
> Is it something that happends sometimes and I have to deal with ?
> or it's also something I can call a bug :)

Hi PaQ - if your object is a fully closed solid like your example here, then that is a bug.

But if your object is not a fully closed solid (if it has some edges that are open and not attached to another surface), then that is not a bug - it isn't generally possible for MoI to automatically determine an inside and outside type region from an open surface.

> the problem actually is that I can't really flip the normals
> in modo because the vertex normal map is not inverted,
> so I still have something wrong.

Can you please report this to the modo developers? When you perform a flip in Modo they should also just flip the vertex normals as well instead of leaving them the same.

I had previously assumed that MoI did not need flipping functionality inside of it because it seemed to me that programs that specialized in polygon editing should be able to handle a pretty basic operation like flipping orientations without messing stuff up....

But that has turned out to be a problem in Modo and Cinema4D as well.

So I would like to add in something to let you see the orientations of open objects and flip them around, I have not quite figured out where to put that yet.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1563.9 In reply to 1563.8 
Ok now I get it about the fact the object has to be closed.

> Can you please report this to the modo developers? When you perform a flip in Modo they should also just flip the vertex normals as well instead of leaving them the same.

Sure I will !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8-9