ui

Next
hi michael how to make sub menu calapse ( close ) automaticly when you end a comande

ex : click lines --> open sub menu --line, plyline ,use one off its command once finish ,sub menu auto close
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1551.2 In reply to 1551.1 
Hi lyes, sorry there isn't any way to set it up like that right now.

You can manually close the sub menu if you click the button that opened it a second time though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1551.3 In reply to 1551.2 
hi michael i have removed the lines in the xml files is working but it adds one more clik to get the default command
thanks any way
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1551.4 In reply to 1551.3 
Hi lyes, which lines from which xml file?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1551.5 In reply to 1551.4 
hi michael the lines off the command in commandset xml file in command folder

ex: Lines.xml

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

<commandset>
<!--<command>line</command>
<command>polyline</command>-->
</commandset>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

may be if you can tell me how to triger a button with a script i put it in at the end off a command button script, works better that way
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1551.6 In reply to 1551.5 
Hi lyes,

> hi michael the lines off the command in commandset
> xml file in command folder

I see - that does almost work, but kind of by chance. By removing those lines it means that MoI doesn't know which commands are supposed to be part of that command set, so it doesn't know which one to launch when the command set is triggered.

> may be if you can tell me how to triger a button with a script

There isn't any way to do that right now either.

Actually even if there was it wouldn't help - commands don't run synchronously in response to a button click they get queued up and run after all the script processing for the UI has exited. This helps to prevent problems with re-entrancy and commands running while inside other commands in unexpected ways.

To do what you want with some extra script, you would need to be able to supply a script handler for some kind of "OnCommandExit" event that was fired when a command ended. But that does not exist right now.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1551.7 In reply to 1551.6 
hi michael i found a way to do it diffrently (by chance) , the command set come up at top off ContextAreaContainer i like it better
because the side pan menu does not jump mutch and clear all time
i added <fieldset> in sidepane.html file her is picture tanks any way for your help.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1551.8 In reply to 1551.7 
Hi lyes, I'm glad you found something that works for you.

What you show there with the command set at the top is actually one of the older designs that I had at one point during development, before even the first beta release.

I decided to abandon that method because even though it prevents shifting, it causes the different available options to be sometimes located very far away from the launching button. I felt it made it too easy to not even notice them.

It's not bad with the stuff for Draw curve at the very top of the side pane, but as you have buttons further and further down below on the side pane, it starts to become a larger and larger distance to travel up to get the different options within the command set.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1551.9 In reply to 1551.8 
This is a stupid question...I don't know if I missed it in the discussion, but I wish the file name was along the top or bottom. When it's on the right, it gets cut off. I sequentially name my files as I create new versions. So I only see the beginning and don't see the number.

Is there a way to get the file name in a different position where the full name is visible?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1551.10 In reply to 1551.9 
Hi Phil, if you pause your mouse over top of that filename, a tooltip should pop up with the full filename in it, so that may help.

I have also attached here a tweaked verison of the UI that should show the full filename, breaking it and wrapping it to multiple lines if necessary.

To install it, unzip it to get a new SidePane.htm file and copy it over top of the old version in the \ui subfolder in MoI's main installation folder.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1551.11 In reply to 1551.9 
quote:
If you want to get the full path for a file where only the filename is showing, you can pause your mouse over top of the name to see a tooltip with the full path in it. This works for the "current" file name displayed in the upper-right corner of the screen, as well as any file names that were shortened in the File menu / recent files list.

- Michael

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1312.2
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All