Bionicle WIP
All  1-6  7-12

Previous
Next
Finished the individual parts and made a little Bionicle guy. Used pivots and a simple hierarchy for the posing, render in Carrara. I'm on a sorry work computer but when I get back to the US I'll probably animate him. A render of a cell version as well.

EDITED: 11 Oct 2006 by GRENDEL

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Made two more parts and used the rest from the claw figure to make a little spider guy. The obj export is working great, with all the pieces made now I can build all sorts of stuff.

Michael has anyone brought up the possibility of a paint or continuous selection of faces? Or is it already in there and I don't know. Maybe by holding a key (shift) to select many faces on an object without having to click each one.

Also the posing/hierachy and everything would be possible in Moi with a scene tree for v1.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
155.9 In reply to 155.8 
> Michael has anyone brought up the possibility of a paint or continuous selection
> of faces? Or is it already in there and I don't know. Maybe by holding a key
> (shift) to select many faces on an object without having to click each one.

Well, you can do window select - if you click off in space you can drag a window to select objects. If you start on the left and drag towards the right, only objects completely contained inside the window will be selected. If you start on the right and drag towards the left, any object that intersects the window will be selected (the window outline shows as dashed when in this mode).

Once you have selected a single face on an object that sets the selection context for that object, and then when you window select on it you will be able to window faces. Same thing for edges - if you select a single edge by a click, then any further window selects on that object will target edges.

Is that the kind of thing that you're thinking about? If it isn't, can you describe a bit more about what you would like shift+select to do?

> Also the posing/hierachy and everything would be possible in Moi with a scene tree for v1.

It will get there eventually... I'm not sure about V1 though. It's such a major piece of UI it will take a bunch of time to make it nice. At some point I've just got to wrap things up and push out V1 and then add more stuff for the next version.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
It works by either left click and hold and then just sweep the mouse over the faces and it selects everything you pass over or there is a button or hotkey for continuous slection to enbale it rather than a left click. Depends on which app you in. For odd shapes window select seldom targets what I want, especially if I'm zoomed in on a small part.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
155.11 In reply to 155.10 
Grendel, nice work!
I also did Bionicles some months ago (but in Rhino).
I will try to make new in MoI later ...

http://www.3dworks.be/images/bio1-1.jpg
http://www.3dworks.be/images/bio2.jpg
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
OOOHHH, you got the big kit....hahahaha

Nice job on yours Little, Maxwell looks great.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-6  7-12