Clipper Lighter
All  1-7  8

Previous
1511.8 In reply to 1511.7 
Hi Wheel, that is great progress.

> I was suspicious of the little straight part at the bottom
> so removed that and tried the above steps again and the
> fillets worked fine. Sweetness.

You've gotten the hang of NURBS modeling very quickly, even to the point of knowing which things the filleter doesn't like! :)

Yeah co-planar bits split up into multiple small pieces tends to bother it right now.

You've already fixed it, but just a note on the quickest way to do so - you can delete those 2 co-planar pieces, then select the whole object that now has a hole in it, and use Construct/Planar to fill in the larger planar hole. There is stuff in the booleans that tries to do this automatically but there are some circumstances where it doesn't work yet.

Construct/Planar can be used to either create a trimmed plane surface from a set of planar curves, or it will also fill in planar open holes on surface/solid type models.

If it doesn't fill, then it means something is not planar there - that was actually the first clue to me that something was slightly off on your original shape.

> Thanks for your help sorting these bits out, its a fun and refreshing
> change using Moi to my regular poly modelling toolsets.

You're welcome, and I'm glad you are having fun using MoI!

It's nice to have the combination of both of these different kinds of toolsets available to you, depending on the type of model you are currently building.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8