Booloean Problem Closed
 1-20  21-22

Previous
Next
I can't understand why this is becoming such a big deal. There are many other soultions to this simple (and i do mean SIMPLE) problem of a placing a hemispherical cap on the end of a tube. Here are three solutions which don't require a save and reload :

1. draw a sphere, rotate it so the edge is tucked into cylinder. Select both items and boolean union. DONE.
2. draw an 90 degree arc at the end of an open tube, then revolve it. Select the tube and the revolve and join them. DONE.
3. draw a 180 arc at the end of the open "tube" surface. Select that arc and split it at the midpoint, leaving two 90 degree arcs. Select the tube's edge, and create a new surface by using the Sweep command, using the 2 arcs as rails. Select the swept surface and join to the tube surface. DONE.

jonah
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1504.22 In reply to 1504.19 
Hi Steve,

> No, just your attitude towards bug reports, and your
> indication that none will be fixed.

I did put in a considerable effort to fix all the major bugs before the final 1.0 release.

That has helped to make a very stable final release, but at the same time makes it less of an important issue to send out further updates for it.

If you find major bugs that really prevent you from getting work done, those are the kinds of things that I will definitely make an effort to fix up in a 1.0 service release if it is feasible for me to do so.

This one certainly does not fall into that category.

I've tried to previously explain that making changes to a released product is a risky thing, it is easy to destabilize things by making changes, sometimes it is surprising how small of a change can have unintended consequences.

As a result, I am going to be very conservative about making changes to the already stable release.

Once the 2.0 beta versions start, I will be a lot more responsive to making changes in that version. So you won't have to wait very long if you want that type of thing.

Anyway, I have tried to explain this numerous times, it does not seem to be productive to continue this particular discussion any more, I will close this particular thread.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Show messages:  1-20  21-22