Easiest renderer?
 1-20  21-30

Previous
Next
1476.21 In reply to 1476.20 
Impressive!!!
But you forgot to mention the rendering time! I am very interested to read the time needed and the CPU power you used...
***Modeling Of Ideas***
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I don't know yet if this one is easy but it's a prog made by an alone crazy guy Steven Glanville like Michael :)
Art : the new ray tracer of Anim8or (yesterday :)
http://www.anim8or.com/download/preview/art_raytracer.html
Anim8Or permit to reload OBJ, 3DS, LWO format
http://www.anim8or.com
It's also a stand alone that makes the same than 3Dmax : modeling, animation, render :)
Particularity : all is 900 kb compressed :)
A true gem ! Rustic but efficient!
PS It's free!
Just a speedy test with a Bump image mine http://forums.polyloop.net/imagehosting/196469411f9e5d79.jpg
Model By Manz

EDITED: 20 Mar 2008 by PILOU

Image Attachments:
Size: 48 KB, Downloaded: 70 times, Dimensions: 600x327px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1476.23 In reply to 1476.21 
lol. Yeah, that's the thing with unbiased rendering, isn't it? That one rendered - if I remember correctly - for about 15 hrs, on an eight core Mac Pro. I can imagine that isn't the way to go in a production environment.

I'm glad you find the image impressive, but anyone could make one just like that with a little practice. Whaat, the guy who made the Indigo plugin for SU, did an excellent job. The workflow is a dream come true.I bought Maxwell recently, but if Indigo had Multilight, I wouldn't have bothered. Killer renderer, killer plugin.

Also good: Podium. Podium V2's coming soon. Should prove to be rrrrreally interesting.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
That's what happens when you ask about render programs - soon you get a long list of what's best :)

Seriously, download the Hypershot trial. It is fast. As for quality, take a look at their gallery. There is a reason many major automobile makers and major design/marketing firms (including exotic car designer Pininfarina) use it. Time is money.

For the latest example, look at Gulfstream's new jet. All Hypershot renders from production CAD data. Also, check out the turntable animation by clicking on Technology > Engine
http://www.gulfstream.com/gulfstreamg650/

Ed

EDITED: 20 Mar 2008 by ED

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1476.25 In reply to 1476.5 
in the last 8 months now i've been using various modellers as my prime source of income and while i do use Sketchup in various places thats puts to shame and embarrasses other consultants and various people i have to engage with at distant locations,. .

I wouldn't recommend it to the ORIGinal POSTer because i find its a little time consuming to be precise in certain places

EDITED: 23 Mar 2008 by RIVERVALLEY

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks to all and no problem with the scope of the replies. More info is better in my opinion, especially when I don't know the extent of what's available!

It was just looking a little overwhelming, being new to 3D with some of these renderers looking like you had to take a class (or two) to be able to get good results from them!

So know that all of your input is very much appreciated and.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1476.27 In reply to 1476.24 
Hi Ed,

>>>Seriously, download the Hypershot trial. It is fast. As for quality, take a look at their gallery. There is a reason many major automobile makers and major design/marketing firms (including exotic car designer Pininfarina) use it. Time is money.

Which trial version are you referring to. I do think that the price of such a package needs to be considered, certainly from my point of view as it would only be used for home hobby. (if it was needed for my work, then I would have no problem with price, as such could be recouped)

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1476.28 In reply to 1476.26 
Hi angeliclight,

>>>More info is better in my opinion,

I do like your question and the feedback given. Coming from a background of mainly modeling and not needing to render (well apart from basic materials+machine lines) I do find the various renderer's being linked to interesting.

>>>It was just looking a little overwhelming, being new to 3D with some of these renderers looking like you had to take a class (or two) to be able to get good results from them!

I certainly agree.

I see there as been no mention of Bryce, which although is classed as a "landscape" program can produce some nice renders, and version 5.5 is still available for free http://www.download.com/Bryce/3000-6677_4-10696716.html (just another option~ as settings etc for render are quite easy)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1476.29 In reply to 1476.27 
Hi Steve,

I have Hypershot Web - $195 ( Same price as MoI ! )

The main difference between their versions is the max render size. Hypershot Web is 360,000 pixels max. Render quality is the same for all versions. Imports MoI obj files with no problem.

Keep in mind you can change the aspect ratio to custom dimensions, as long as the max size does not exceed 360,000. This allows you to render in landscape or portrait in order to maximize the available space. For example, some of my renders are 800x450, others are 500x720.

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1476.30 In reply to 1476.28 
I would suggest Bryce for both the ease and cost, version 5.5 is still free thru DAZ. Blender is a great open source (free) app with a strong user base but to be honest has a steep learning curve. If you enjoy 3D Modeling and have the time it is worth it to explore Blender. It has grown in capability at a phenomenal rate and has some exciting features including a new UI coming later this year.
David

Here are links to a couple simple Bryce renders I did a while back:

Bryce 5 in 2005 http://i.pbase.com/o4/47/589247/1/48139197.JesusFishOrnament.jpg
Bryce 5.5 in 2006 http://k41.pbase.com/o5/47/589247/1/68084456.QRtSB6f4.TorusKnotatSea.jpg

Here is a basic Blender image I did recently via a MoI lamp base tutorial. It was done as a test before purchasing MoI:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-30