Alternate trial version available

Next
There is now an alternate trial version available at http://moi3d.com/download.htm (near the bottom).

This version does not expire, but instead it has saving disabled.

Some people were asking about having something so that clients could view their files - I think this version should work better for that purpose than the time-limited one.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1455.2 In reply to 1455.1 
Super Cool!
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1455.3 In reply to 1455.1 
Hi Michael,

We have got a simple viewer of 3DM files, definitely! Well, it won't read all kind of objects from 3DM file but it's small, simple and nice viewer. I think it could be even better after deleting unneccessary files... Do you allow users to do this? I mean I will delete some files, change UI, pack all neccessary files into a zip file along with moi.ini and send it to a client or colleague?

Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1455.4 In reply to 1455.3 
> Do you allow users to do this? I mean I will delete some
> files, change UI, pack all neccessary files into a zip file
> along with moi.ini and send it to a client or colleague?

Hi Petr, it is certainly ok to edit your own local copy, but it is hard for me to generally allow changing and then redistributing the changed software. If I did, then pretty soon someone may try to make changes and incorporate it into one of their own separate products, stuff like that.

However, having said that I certainly don't mind if you send it to just a few clients and make sure they do not post the changed version on a public web site or send it to other people or stuff like that.

If it just stays private between you and a few clients, that's fine.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1455.5 In reply to 1455.4 
Sounds like a good opportunity for a "3dm Reader" software (akin to adobe acrobat reader), Michael. :-) Smack some MOI labels and links all over it and distrubite it for free.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1455.6 In reply to 1455.5 
Hi Nick, I would like to do that at some point, but there is kind of a fair amount of work to do a nice version of that.

There would be a lot of things I could remove to slim down the viewer quite a lot, and it would probably need some UI design time to retarget it to being a viewer instead of a modeling system like it currently is...

Right now it is a higher priority to spend that time on improvements more directly to MoI first! :)

- michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All