Popup window navigation tools...

Next
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to MoI. Is there any way to turn off the little popup navigation tools in each window? If there is I can't seem to see it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1450.2 In reply to 1450.1 
There isn't a checkbox for it, but you can do it by going to MoI's main installation folder, and inside the \ui subfolder under that, delete (or probably better, just rename to some other name) the ViewControls.htm file.

If MoI can't find that file named ViewControls.htm, that toolbar at the bottom of the viewport won't appear.

But this will also mean you won't have access to the "Reset" command on there which is pretty useful... It is possible to set that up on a keyboard shortcut though, let me know if you need help with that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1450.3 In reply to 1450.2 
That would be great Michael. What is the command to mimic the "reset" button? I notice if you right click the reset button it resets all the views. That's the one I'm most interested it.

I'm trying to set it up somewhat similar to the layout I have in LW. That way it's not so hard to go back and forth.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1450.4 In reply to 1450.3 
For reset all, you can use this as the command:

code:
script:moi.view.resetAll();

To set that up, go to Options / Shortcut keys, then add in a new entry. Put whatever you want for the key, and paste in the above for the command part.

Please let me know if you have any problems setting that up.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1450.5 In reply to 1450.1 
Idea: The option to turn these tools on/off in the Options menu, in a future release. :-) Also, perhaps to put them in the Command Bar instead, and they would work on a selected viewport.

I'm finding these things in the way more often, as I work on a smaller screen laptop sometimes.

It kind of reminds me of the turn signal lights behind the side view mirror on some late model vehicles? It short order, they realized that having things pop-up where you are supposed to be looking (or working, in MOI case) is counter-productive. Sorry about that, everything has a vehicle reference here in Detroit. ;-)

Maybe the option to put the tools in the CORNER of the viewport?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1450.6 In reply to 1450.5 
Hi Nick, yup I think this has come up often enough that an option in the dialog is a good idea. I have put that on the wishlist to track it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1450.7 In reply to 1450.6 
Yes, maybe vertically and smaller in the RH corner of each view port?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All