Hello

Next
Hi all,

I hope I may say this,

I have used Rhino since first betas, I did get annoyed that I was expected to pay for upgrade to 1.1 just because I made purchase of the program early (Mike will remember that)

Anyway.
I do not use tablet/pen, so I do find it strange (at first) to find my way around the view. But a couple of hours later, strange but OK.

I do like this, very nice feel. I am only sorry I did not take time to look at this more before (I did not know (before) who was coding~ sorry)

respect,

Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1443.2 In reply to 1443.1 
Hi Steve, thanks for checking out MoI!

> I have used Rhino since first betas, I did get annoyed that
> I was expected to pay for upgrade to 1.1 just because I
> made purchase of the program early (Mike will remember that)

Pricing for Rhino 1.1 was not my decision...

Normally I would expect that a .1 type version upgrade (like 1.0 to 1.1 or 2.0 to 2.1) will be available for no charge. That's a pretty standard procedure.

But I don't really expect to have a MoI version 1.1, it will probably go from version 1.0 to version 2.0 .

Normally a .1 version would be done if the initial version was sort of a little rough and unrefined and had some things postponed... For MoI 1.0 the beta lasted for quite a long time and the final release is all polished up and already has all the refinement type stuff in it.

I actually kind of prefer to do things in this way - to take some time nailing down the initial release rather than pushing things off to .1 versions or service pack releases. It kind of takes a fair amount of extra time to do this, so that's why it is not quite as common.

> I do not use tablet/pen, so I do find it strange (at first) to find
> my way around the view. But a couple of hours later, strange but OK.

You actually don't have to use any of the stuff that was set up for tablets - mouse navigation stuff like right drag rotate and wheel zooming all works as well.

But yeah the overall UI approach is somewhat different than a standard old-fashioned type application so it can feel a bit strange at first... :)

I'm glad that you like the feel after sticking with it for a bit!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1443.3 In reply to 1443.2 
Hi Micheal,

>Pricing for Rhino 1.1 was not my decision...

lol, I was not blaming you, just a bit of a rant about Rhino.

I am currently making a model (just a building), if I can complete without MOI crashing or giving me major problems, I will make purchase.

Regards,

edit:

I forgot to ask.

I see moI.exe running, but also see 2 (two) moi_commandprocessor.exe, is that correct?

EDITED: 10 Mar 2008 by MANZ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1443.4 In reply to 1443.3 
Hi Steve,

> I see moI.exe running, but also see 2 (two) moi_commandprocessor.exe,
> is that correct?

Yup, that's normal - there may be up to 2 running at any time, each one is used for some slightly different purposes.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All