Exportations
 1-20  21-24

Previous
Next
141.21 In reply to 141.20 
> I just have to jump in here and say that nendo exports ngons to obj just fine.

The original request in this thread is not just about ngons, it's about ngons with interior holes.

The "with interior holes" is the key thing there that I don't believe is possible with .obj format.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
141.22 In reply to 141.20 

I have also hab some problems with the obj exporter. I agree that the only way to get a decent usable .obj is if its quadrangulated. but only as a post process before the obj is written. I for one prefer to do the quadrangilation myself as xsi does the best automated quadrangulation i've seen.
So an option in the export process to keep as is or quadrangulate will be great. ...after all your object gets triangulated at rendertime anyway.

An obj file will suppport ngons with holes in it as long as thee are two edges or a quad holding the hole

one thing i've noticed is that fillets with very small radii are not converted acurately. maybe something to do with tolerance being too high for the tesselation process?

EDITED: 29 Sep 2006 by ISAAC

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
141.23 In reply to 141.13 
The slider bug is fixed for the next beta. I'll probably try to release the next beta pretty soon (maybe a few days) with mostly bug fixes in it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
141.24 In reply to 141.22 
> one thing i've noticed is that fillets with very small radii are not converted acurately.
> maybe something to do with tolerance being too high for the tesselation process?

HI skello, can you please post an example .3dm model that has this problem? It would help me to investigate it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-24