I'm a now a proud MoI owner!

Next
So I guess it's time for my first daft question. I'm going through the lamp tut (which I'm enjoying a lot - thanks to it's maker), and - hey! - I ran into a little problem.

I cannot put a fillet around the lamp button. As this is my first MoI model, I'm probably overlooking something obvious - but of course I have no idea what. (It's not the radius, though. At least, I don't think so.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1399.2 In reply to 1399.1 
Hi stinkie, thank you very much for your order!

The switch has a pretty narrow area on it here:

There really isn't very much space in that area to fit fillets - here I have done a fillet of radius 0.03:

Zooming on that narrow region, you can see that there isn't room for much more of a larger radius than that:

Much larger than that and that side piece will be totally eaten away - that will cause the fillet to fail to calculate.

It is often times surprising how much space a fillet will take up, if you are not getting a result try something really pretty small like 0.01 or 0.005 and see if that works, then gradually increase the size.

Hope this helps!

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi !
Fillet radius 0.05 did it !
Its probably the radius !
Peter

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thank you, Michael, that does indeed help. Much obliged.

I've greatly enjoyed using MoI so far. Very intuive app - the UI really is a gem. I just know MoI and myself are going to be really good friends.

Please don't thank me for buying MoI. Thank my girlfriend - she's the one with the Visa card. ;)

And thank you too, Rayman!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All