RSS feed
All  1-13  14-15

Previous
Next
1362.14 In reply to 1362.13 
> So if you added "something" which allowed for downloading a
> particular message (optionally whole thread?) via RSS or NNTP,
> it would be great!

Hi Petr, I have tweaked the RSS feed so that it can take a msg=x.y parameter in the URL, where x = thread id and y = message number in thread.

So for example to retrieve just this message here through RSS, you would use this address: http://moi3d.com/forum/threads_rss.php?msg=1362.14

So I think that should cover the basic part of what you wanted?

re: (optionally whole thread?) - unfortunately this one would take a fair amount more work, as the current RSS code is centered on the idea of a list of threads and not a list of messages.

re: NNTP - doing it through NNTP would be way way more difficult yet since that is a completely different protocol at the server level (different TCP port and everything), it would take a lot of custom work to serve out forum pages through NNTP requests.

Anyway, I hope that the new RSS tuneup works for you.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1362.15 In reply to 1362.14 
Also I made a change so that the message content in the RSS feed keeps its HTML.

Previously all the HTML tags were being stripped out which also removed line breaks, kind of changing everything into one big glob of text.

I think this should work better, but please let me know if you run into any problems with the RSS feed after this.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-13  14-15