Forum updated
 1-13  14-33  34-53  54-64

Previous
Next
Some more tune-ups to forum search - expanded the amount of text shown for each item in search results left-side column.

Fixed incorrect display of some characters like > displaying as > in the results column.

Overall the forum search seems to be working a lot better now.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Updates to attachments:

New "Insert images inline" button, which appears on the attachment dialog after images have been uploaded. It shows up below the list of attachments, next to the Delete button. This button can be pushed to copy all the image attachments into your message as tags if you want the images to show up as full size mixed in with your text instead of the default method which shows them as thumbnails all at the end of your message. This replaces the old method of copy/pasting the URL in order to do this.

There is now a warning displayed if you fill in the Filename: field, but close the attachments window before pushing "Upload".

BMP files are disabled, and there is a message displayed to use JPG or PNG files instead.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with attachments.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1356.56 In reply to 1356.55 
Seems easy :)

and working like a charm :)
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1356.57 In reply to 1356.56 
Thanks for testing it Pilou!

Since the automatic thumbnail images were added, it seems like for most regular cases those work best.

But I still wanted to have a way to get them inline into the message more easily than the old copy/paste method.

This will sure save me a lot of copy/paste of the image addresses! :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Updated header at top and bottom of thread list.

Tweaked color of active thread in the thread list to match the color of the message header.

I think that's just about all that I am going to do for cosmetic tweaks to the forum.

The main things left that I am going to mess with are the "Start" page (the one that says "Welcome to the MoI forum" on the right-hand side when you first enter the forum, I may be able to put some useful stuff over here), and also trying to get the forum indexed by Google better.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1356.59 In reply to 1356.58 
Shouldn't the thread items have an indents at both left and right side so the header nad items border would align to each other? ;) -Petr
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1356.60 In reply to 1356.59 
Hi Petr, I'm not too sure about that because every indent on that lower part takes away some space for the thread title text. I really want to try and maximize the area for that text so that as many cases as possible may fit on a single line...

I originally tried not indenting that new header part, but when the browser window was maximized the left side was totally flush with the left edge of the screen and the roundy part didn't quite look right squished over there.

That's the reasoning behind that...

I'm not sure that it looks bad enough to mess with - if it did need to be changed I would probably want to leave the list with no padding and change that top bar to be just a rectangular block that also had not padding instead of a roundy thing.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Ok, I think I've got everything set up now so that Google will be able to discover every message thread in the forum and add them all to its index.

Previously just some messages were indexed.

That may take a few days to finish completely. Once it is finished being indexed, then you will be able to use Google to search the forum as another alternative.

From the Google search page, use the additional keyword site:moi3d.com to limit the search to stuff just on this website (including forum, docs and wiki), or site:moi3d.com/forum to only search the forum and not other stuff.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1356.62 In reply to 1356.61 
Tricky tip ;)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Updated the forum intro page - show a welcome message, and also links to the wiki resources and FAQ pages, and a search box for using Google search.

It looks like it will take a few more days before Google will finish indexing the entire forum.

This now clears off the list of everything that I wanted to add to the forum... All done!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1356.64 In reply to 1356.63 
Thanks Michael.
  Reply Reply More Options