OBJ2MoI challenge

Next
I ran into an issue I cannot resolve. After the creation of a sphere in another 3d Package I convert it with the script and import it into MoI3D. All the sphere goodness is there. I wish to create planes where the edges of the previous polygons have been. I select the create plane command and select two points in between which the new plane should be constructed. A plane is generated, but that planes axis does not follow the objects orientation but the viewport axis or maybe the axis of the first point/edge selected. Selecting the two diagonal points in the different viewports and creating a plane yields viewport dependent plane orientation but not the desired one. I tried the different snap settings but for no avail. Where do I err?
Cheers
Rainer
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1350.2 In reply to 1350.1 
Hi Lemo, the Plane / Corner command always makes a flat plane, not an angled one.

To do an angled plane you can use the Plane / 3pt variation:

With these 3 points:

Pick this one first:

This one second:

And this one third to make an angled plane:

However, all 3 of the plane drawing commands create a regular shaped rectangular plane. It is likely that your sphere wireframe is made up of more trapezoidal shapes that have some tapering to them.

So instead of using those drawing tools, you probably want to select the 4 lines that make up an outline and then run Construct / Network to create a surface between them.

If you're still stuck, maybe you can post your .3dm file so I can give you a more direct example.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
@ Lemo
I have not very well understand your problem but you can use the "helpers" for put any points from any other points in any position in the 3D Space :)

EDITED: 10 Feb 2008 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1350.4 In reply to 1350.2 
Again... I was not experimental enough....
You applications options got the better of me... again... sighhh 8)
Rainer
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All