sweep
 1-3  4-23  24-26

Previous
Next
Thank you so much for your extensive input guys.

Yes Frenchy i see now what you mean about sweeping it first then using the generated profiles to form the loft sections.

Thank you Michael for your explanations. I have to say the more i am testing moi the more i like it and it is on my list for purchasing in the near future.

I am having a little trouble creating some planar surfaces which are a bit twisted but im perhaps asking the impossible! Also, whilst your here, is it possible to multiply a spline between two rails like a 2 rail sweep - instead of just the one rail? Or some way of equally dividing up a surface creating edges that can then be used to sweep objects along? Maybe that's a version 2 tool as well!

Thanks again,
Rob
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1328.25 In reply to 1328.24 
Hi Rob,

> I am having a little trouble creating some planar surfaces which are a
> bit twisted but im perhaps asking the impossible!

MoI will eventually have a tool for creating a kind of non-planar fill like this, but I wasn't able to get it in for version 1.0 .

If you can post a .3dm model file of your outline curves, I can try to give some construction ideas.

> Also, whilst your here, is it possible to multiply a spline between two rails
> like a 2 rail sweep - instead of just the one rail?

You mean a 2-rail version of Transform / Array / Curve ? No, there isn't an option for that. If you can get what you want with 2-rail sweep, you can copy some of the generated edge curves by selecting the edges and using Copy / Paste, I'm not sure if that will help you.

> Or some way of equally dividing up a surface creating edges that can
> then be used to sweep objects along? Maybe that's a version 2 tool as well!

There is something planned for v2 which is called "extract isocurve", which I think will do what you are asking for here.

You may be able to get an equivalent now by placing a line across the surface and then using Construct / Curve / Project, with the "closest pt" option to project the line on to the surface.

If you can post a .3dm model file with some of the curves and/or surfaces that you are trying to work with it would help me to give you more specific tips.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thanks michael,

No need to worry, im not trying to create anything specific - i just like to test software to distrctution and ask myself "what if i needed to do this....." Moi is deffinately a great tool for architectural construction elements (what i would be using it for) and im sure it will only get better.

Cheers
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-3  4-23  24-26