Ideas for MoI 1.0 SR1!

Next
With all the "plugins/scrips" available for MoI--and, maybe, some of the MoI2 stuff!!!!--would it be possible to have a download of the lot all in one go that could be accessable from a new item, say ?Plugins, in the Options?
(From a lazy one!)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1289.2 In reply to 1289.1 
Hi Brian, I'm definitely going to give something like that a try - my idea was to have a Plug-ins buttons just to the left of the Options button in the bottom toolbar, and pushing it would pop up a menu with all the plug-ins you have installed, so you can pick one off the list there instead of needing to assign it to a key.

This is something that I plan to put together for v2. It won't be too much longer before I'll be able to start on v2 betas.

I'm not sure if there will be an SR1 for MoI 1.0 right now - I put in a lot of extra time fixing things up and polishing things before the final 1.0 was out, one reason why I did so much of that was to hopefully be able to have v1 wrapped up and then move forward to v2.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1289.3 In reply to 1289.2 
There is a thought that some of us would hope for an SR rather that a--Version Update (with a cost that may be imposed?)!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1289.4 In reply to 1289.3 
Hi Brian, well normally service releases are for bug fixes and not for new features.

It is generally the idea that new features will go in a new version that will cost something to get.

But as a V1 owner, you will be able to use the beta releases of the new version for free during the beta period, that will probably last for like another year or so before it is complete. You will only have a cost when the beta period is over, just like with v1.0 . You won't have to pay the full cost, I don't have it all planned out exactly yet, but I would expect for there to be a kind of reduced upgrade cost for v1 owners which is a pretty standard thing.

On the plus side, the additional costs will help keep me in business making it more likely that future versions will come out instead of having to abandon the project!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1289.5 In reply to 1289.4 
Thanks Michael. With all the things that have been listed for potential V2 upgrades, for pensioners like me, there is a little concern about the , maybe, V2 "cost"
(I wasted money on Amapi 7.52 and ViaCad---and there has been so very much, free, sub-d modelling apps lately!--gnashing of teeth!)

I am so happy with the Logic, crash free operations of MoI.

For those of us who were original buyers of Hexagon and then to see it for sale at $1.99!---AAAhhhhhhhh!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
That sounds similar to say FireFox (or even Dreamweaver) extensions - that would be a nice idea for MOI plugins!

It would also be nice to be able to download scripts and >assign on the fly< the key the script will be associated to after its downloaded. I think at this point however we need a key conflict manager so there's no worry of overwriting shortcut key assignments.

Now that I have MOI v1, I have to hunt for all the scripts I had back with the earlier betas (the betas used to keep the scripts setup intact during installation but somewhere along the way, I lost my script configurations and never bothered to set them back up...)

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1289.7 In reply to 1289.6 
Hi Will,

> Now that I have MOI v1, I have to hunt for all the scripts I had back with the
> earlier betas (the betas used to keep the scripts setup intact during
> installation but somewhere along the way, I lost my script configurations
> and never bothered to set them back up...)

Your keyboard shortcuts should have stayed in place (between beta and v1 I mean), since those are stored inside the moi.ini file.

But custom commands that were copied into the \commands subfolder will not be in place for your new V1 installation.

Those ones need to get copied over from the previous beta's \commands subfolder into V1's \commands subfolder.

For v2 I will also try to figure out some centralized place that these files can be stored (similar to moi.ini) so that they can stay installed from one beta to the next.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1289.8 In reply to 1289.7 
Hi Michael, no I lost my scripts during one of the beta updates not when going from the beta to the release.

I believe I simply deleted my MOI programs folder at one point and reinstalled MOI fresh - I have some of the scripts I was using saved in a note file so I can get those back when I take the time...

It's just so many script suggestions were flying around here at one point that I sort of fell off on copying them all to that note file I have! :-p

That's why I cosigned on having a scripts/extensions download feature for MOI - to make it easy to see a script you like, specify what shortcut key you'd like to use and then install the extension...

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1289.9 In reply to 1289.8 
Hi Will, in the meantime I think Petr has collected up pretty much every one that was mentioned on his MoI page here: http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/ , you'll probably find your missing ones in there somewhere.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1289.10 In reply to 1289.9 
Thanks for the link, Michael!

-Will