export MoI creations to Modo?
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
1249.2 In reply to 1249.1 
have you done a modo tutorial because its sounds to me like you're in item or material selection mode. try pressing the spacebar to go through the different selection modes; vert, edge ,poly; then you should be able to edit your geometry.

also you may have to doubleclick the file name (group) FIRST to allow editing if you don't know which object is which. this will allow editing of all objects in scene not just the selected one.

keep in mind Modo is very complex and not easy to get used to, so if you're new to 3D probably not the best place to start.

EDITED: 8 Jan 2008 by XROK1

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1249.3 In reply to 1249.1 
Hi Rado - I'd generally recommend using the .lwo format for going into Modo.

There shouldn't be any limitation on editing these objects inside of Modo. But I think that you have to activate one of the "Transform" tools inside of Modo before you can drag objects or points around, I don't think that Modo is set up to allow you to drag objects around inside of the plain "selection mode", which is what you may be used to in MoI.

Does that help any? Let me know if you are still stuck.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1249.4 In reply to 1249.3 
Thanks,

That helps a lot. I am getting to be pretty proficient with MoI. I'm just starting to learn the basics of Modo and I guess that I must have missed the Item select mode in the Modo tutorials.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4