Program crashs when file is saved?

Next
I am having a problem with Moi crashing when I create a model and then go to save the program blows out? anybody having the same problem?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
124.2 In reply to 124.1 
Hi Dave, are you using any type of file open dialog replacment utility?

Someone previously reported a similar problem, and it was due to a utility that they were using called "DocCommander" that modified the standard file open dialog. The utility seems to have a bug that causes it to crash when used with MoI.

If this is not the case, then there should be some crash report files generated in the MoI folder in \Program Files, called moi_report1.zip , moi_report2.zip, etc.. - please send a couple of these to me at moi@moi3d.com and it will help my analyze what is going on with your crash.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks for the quick responce. I have sent the reports via E-Mail, hope that helps.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I use a tablet alot and thats what got my attention about MOI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
124.4 In reply to 124.1 
For anyone else following this, this turned out to be a conflict with the "WindowBlinds" software that sort of hooks into different programs and displays different graphical theme styles for desktop stuff and title bars, etc..

Something in WindowBlinds hooks into the save dialog that doesn't coexist properly with MoI. However, WindowBlinds can be disabled on a per-application basis and doing that solves this problem.

I'd consider this to be a bug in the WindowBlinds software, but I think I may be able to adjust a small thing in MoI for the next betea release so that this won't be an issue.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All