wachita, a mexican crazy bandit bird
All  1  2

Previous
116.2 In reply to 116.1 
It makes me feel like I should put my hands up... :)

> michael, is there a way to make a circular close loft? now when i pick
> curves in a circular way it doesnt connect in the end.. ie- make the
> 1st pick also the last..

No, there's no way to do this right now. I'll try to add this as an option.

Right now as a workaround you can use a two-rail sweep instead - I've attached a sample model to illustrate.

> can someone explain me how to fillet things? i tried everything but i cant understand how it works..

Try this - draw a cylinder. Now select the cylinder, then click on it again to select just one of it's hard edges. Now run Fillet.

You can now type in a radius value for the radius of the rounded section, or you can pick 2 points, and the distance between the 2 points will be used as the radius value. You don't need to pick the 2 points directly on the cylinder or anything, it's actually a bit easier to pick them just on the plane next to it. It doesn't matter so much where you pick these 2 points, it is the distance between them that matters. That is probably the most confusing part.

You can continue picking more sets of 2 points to try different distances to see what they look like, then push done (or right click in a viewport) when you're finished.

If you select edges, those edges will fillet, if you select a whole object, all the edges of the object will fillet. If you select a face, all the edges that border that face will fillet. You can also fillet 2 curves to produce an arc curve between them.

You generally want to join things together so that they have a welded common edge before you can fillet them, that's another thing that might be causing you problems.

If you have a specific thing that you want to fillet and are running into problems, please post the model here.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2