Hello and a question about reference images?
All  1  2-3

Previous
Next
1135.2 In reply to 1135.1 
I changed it to 2048x2048 and it seems to work. Maybe MOI requires a power of 2 for image size?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1135.3 In reply to 1135.1 
Hi anycolor - MoI itself doesn't really require a power-of-2 original image size.

But what happens is that MoI will always internally create the texture on the video card as a power of 2, so with your 2300x2300 image, it actually consumes a 4096x4096 amount of memory which is really a quite a large amount (64MB). Oh yeah and then with pre-calculated filtering for displaying at smaller sizes (mipmapping) it actually goes up by another factor beyond that.

I should be able to tune this up. Newer video cards don't require only power-of-2 textures anymore, so that would save a lot of memory not bumping up to that size, and I guess that maybe for ones that require power-of-2 I should shrink the image down automatically to a max of 2048x2048, since the memory consumption jumps up dramatically after that point.

At the moment keeping it at a max of 2048x2048 will keep the memory consumption from getting really out of hand.

I want to put out a new beta later today, I probably won't be able to get this fix into today's version but I should be able to get it in for version 1.0 .

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-3