text request...

Next
Hello there,

Here is a new request for MOI3D :

when we setup text object, it would be cool to see a preview in realtime (maybe not in full3D, maybe just in lines/curves)...
it's a pain now to create a good fitting text...

also, please put a 2D text feature in the "curves" section ;-)

regards.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1097.2 In reply to 1097.1 
Hi Naxos, I definitely want to add a realtime preview for version 2, I think it will be feasible to do it as wireframe like you mention.

> also, please put a 2D text feature in the "curves" section ;-)

This one was kind of a tough one to plan - instead of having 2 different Text commands, I decided to have just one text command under Draw solid that has the option within it to create either Solids, Surfaces, or Curves.

I decided to put it under Draw solid since I think that it is most frequently used to create solids.

Sometimes I have to kind of "cheat" a litlte bit with organizing things to reduce the number of buttons in the UI.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1097.3 In reply to 1097.2 
How about another section called "Draw other stuff"? :-P

Nah, to be serious, designing UIs is possibly the hardest part of software development as there are really no set answers to the problems you are faced with. (And to make matters worse the developers and testers grow used to the status quo of the app, and don't see potential improvements. ...or, indeed, they see actual improvements as the opposite because it's not what they've grown used to.) As one who has worked with UI development for a few years I can say that you are doing a great job with this so far Michael.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1097.4 In reply to 1097.3 
Thanks Linker!

Yes, I definitely find that UI design is overall the most tricky part. Just like you mention, it is a very inexact science. Sometimes it almost seems that the harder you try to refine one aspect, the more it slips away...

It is also kind of perverse how it takes a lot more effort to design something that works in a more simple way.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All