Found a Bug with Boolean
All  1-2  3-7

Previous
Next
1092.3 In reply to 1092.2 
I was surprised it worked for you. I was even more surprised that I just went and tried it again myself. And it works......now.

Oh well, if it pops up again......I'll be baaaack (In Arnold voice)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael, here's a little more info.

As I continued to work and make my screw holes. I went to extrude them all at once, and that hole that was disappearing (before I closed and reopened the file) seems like it is "wound" wrong. All of them extruded in one direction except this one, it went in the opposite direction.

Maybe you can try it on your end. Well, I dont remember now exactly, which way I did it. But I believe it was just after making that last hole. Select the curves around the holes and extrude them.

You should see it then...hopefully.

_-TS-_
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1092.5 In reply to 1092.4 
Hi Twinsnakes, thanks for the additional information.

Yes, it sounds like one hole did not have the proper orientation to it, this must have been corrected automatically during save or open. Holes are supposed to wind in the opposite direction as the outer trim boundary of a surface.

I've tried erasing those holes and drilling new ones and I can't seem to get the problem to repeat unfortunately.

I noticed the problem with extrude just a couple of weeks ago myself, where coplanar curves that had different winding directions would by default extude in opposite directions, this should be fixed in the latest patch though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1092.6 In reply to 1092.5 
Thanks man. Just trying to help out. Moi is great. I gotta show you this Trident when it's done. I think it looks sweet.

_-TS-_
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1092.7 In reply to 1092.6 
It helps a lot to get reports, thanks!

Sometimes it is difficult to track down the actual bug from one single report if I can't reproduce the problem but still sometimes each report is one clue and when more are gathered together it can help track down the bug.

So I appreciate it!

Looking forward to seeing the Trident!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-7