My ideal MoI release

Next
Just something I thought about, can't be a kind of wishlist, I just wanted to share, to understand how far I am from your expectations...

1. Today's simple UI
2. Full 2D capabilities (dimensions etc)
3. Full object selection, grouping, etc... capabilities. Also visibility control.
4. Complete API for plugin development... Not by me, but a Maxwell plugin would be great.
5. Transformation and history methods using MAX's modifier stack or similar so that we loose nothing.

These are the most important features for me....

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1085.2 In reply to 1085.1 
Hi JTB, well I think it should get at least partway there for version 2.

> 1. Today's simple UI

This is definitely a big priority.

> 2. Full 2D capabilities (dimensions etc)

This will probably come in some stages. I'm not exactly sure how long this will take, it may end up that v2 will have some basic dimensions added but not quite a "Full" set of functionality yet.

> 3. Full object selection, grouping, etc... capabilities. Also visibility control.

This is definitely another big priority for V2.

> 4. Complete API for plugin development... Not by me, but a Maxwell plugin would be great.

This one is unfortunately very time consuming, it is not likely to happen for v2, but it will happen eventually.

> 5. Transformation and history methods using MAX's modifier stack or similar so that we loose nothing.

I would like to make some progress on deeper history functionality for v2. But it is also a relatively difficult area of work (potentially dealing with a lot of data), so it is hard for me to know exactly how it will turn out beforehand.

These are just the best that I can answer right now, I don't have an exact detailed plan or firm schedule. If some things end up taking a really long amount of time to work on they may have to be postponed until later. But I would like to make good progress in these areas.

Generally I'd say that your expectations are pretty well right in line with the kinds of improvements that I want to make to the software though!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you very much for your answer, It is very nice to see that I am close to what you are planning,,,MoI is a very nice app already and adding characteristics like the ones I mentioned will make it a great professional tool.

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1085.4 In reply to 1085.3 
Hi JTB, you're welcome! MoI is intended to be a design tool so I do just generally intend to fill in more things that designers need to do. Your requests are right on that same path.

Of course the first stage before doing any of those things is to see if I can sell enough copies of V1 to actually stay in business!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1085.5 In reply to 1085.4 
>Of course the first stage before doing any of those things is to see if I can sell enough copies of V1 to actually stay in business!<

Hi Michael, with such a sportscar it would surprise me this project wouldn't get any success.
I think user who tries it will stick to it. For my my part I'm really impressed by the workmanship involved and the sheer fact that it has never crashed on me.

Regards,

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I thought that MoI would be a best-seller from the first hour I used it.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1085.7 In reply to 1085.6 
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I think the big question is whether my primitive concept of marketing is going to work well enough or not.

It won't be too much longer before I find out...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1085.8 In reply to 1085.7 
Hi Michael,

Basically, I am not a marketing guy. But in my opinion, you must have a video demo ( not tutorial ) about some great capability of MoI. We can`t just look at the pictures gallery. You can upload the video to MoI web page. So we can easily look some MoI features.

I hope MoI will be one of the best, easiest & simple NURB modeling software !!!

Regards,
Lish

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1085.9 In reply to 1085.8 
Hi Lish, that's definitely a great idea! I'll probably be generally overhauling the web site just immediately after wrapping up V1.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael - I hope MoI is a great success for you. I have my selfish reasons as well - I want to see the next version, and the next ...!

While you are thinking of updating the web site, I would add some mechanical images that reinforce the fact that MoI is a concept and design tool. For example: electronic products, plastic enclosures, watches, etc. The first time I saw the web site I wasn't sure what this program was intended for.

I also agree that videos are a strong selling point. It takes time to download and evaluate demo software. About 80% of the software I download for evaluation ends up getting deleted, so I want to know more before I invest the time. A video provides a fast evaluation and incentive to try the software.

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1085.11 In reply to 1085.10 
Thanks Ed !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Guys! Let's not expect everything from Michael, get to work and send him your models!

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All